Question on fitting side skirts mr2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dufunk

RMS Regular
The side air vent look prety easy to remove, these veilside side skirts i got have the air vent attached just wondering do the original skirts remove at all?? Prob wont attempt it myself anyway!!

L7 KVV

RMS Regular
Drives
Several
I had one and removed the vielside kit. From what I remember the sills are steel and part of the body, the side vents need removed and the skirts sit over the top of the sill. Prob best to bond them to sill too.

dufunk

RMS Regular
OP
dufunk
I had one and removed the vielside kit. From what I remember the sills are steel and part of the body, the side vents need removed and the skirts sit over the top of the sill. Prob best to bond them to sill too.

Yeah i thought that, i will let the guy no whos fitting them njust hope they sit over the sill nicely or could look very stupid!

Also do u have to go into the interior were the sub woofer are to remove the side vents on this diagram it appears you do which seem awkward.

Exterior - How To:- Fit Side Vent Mesh

lee-r33

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 Skyline
Two bolts inside the car behind b pillar and two or 3 under wheelarch to remove side vent

dufunk

RMS Regular
OP
dufunk
I think i could atempt the vents seems str8 forward enough from that website, only thing is when i remove vents is it ok to drive like that a few days as my intercooler is right in the drivers side vent would it be a bad idea incase dirt and water gets in there, you see the guy is spraying the parts at moment and wont fit them until the middle of the week??

belfastchris

RMS Regular
Drives
E61msport
I think i could atempt the vents seems str8 forward enough from that website, only thing is when i remove vents is it ok to drive like that a few days as my intercooler is right in the drivers side vent would it be a bad idea incase dirt and water gets in there, you see the guy is spraying the parts at moment and wont fit them until the middle of the week??

cant see why not, only takes 10minutes to remove the vents so why not wait until he's fitting them before taking the drivers side off

dufunk

RMS Regular
OP
dufunk
Aye will do, dunno what it will turn out like as the bumper isnt veilside, i had to get a new bumper u c after cliping the old on a ditch! its quite a wide looking bumper so i thought i best get the skirts also so it wouldnt look stupid on it own.

PhilM

RMS Regular
dirt and whatever wont do a intercooler a button of harm. (think fmic?)

but if you dont need to expose it afterall then thats not a problem.

Phil

dufunk

RMS Regular
OP
dufunk
This wasnt the easiest job getting those vents off having to take the central locking console etc out to get to that one bolt! Toyota put things together really well but can be seriously ackward to work at cant they!!

Mark_C

RMS Regular
timing belt is nowhere near as difficult as it's talked up to be!

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Bodyparts rarely fit without a bit of fettling.

Took me hours to put my airwalker front bumper on as it needed filled and redrilled at virtually all of the mounting points.

I've got myself a TRD widebody kit, that I'm not going to use now I think, and its a real mare to fit.

dufunk

RMS Regular
OP
dufunk
There a lovely piece of kit low based on the trd 2000gt mr2 arent they, Im not to miffed the car doesnt look to out of place with the standard vents on with the new bumper.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.