MK2 Golf or similar Wanted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Looking a project for winter.

I'd really love a small bumper, 3dr non GTI needing mechanical work but decent on the body but I'll not be too fussy as long as it's not going to need significant welding. Can be collected with a transporter but it does need to be rolling and complete.

PM please.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Yeah that American one is something different than the norm. There's a driver in the various classifieds for 800 squid.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Think Cormac81 will agree but it's getting nearly impossible to find a decent small bumper Golf of any description:worried: I toyed with selling mine because it would sit for weeks on end without being used, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it! I'll ask about and see if any one can dig something up for you. Any preference on colour and spec?

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Aye I've plenty of time to sit & wait for something to come up hence the thread now. Problem is the 'scene tax' and the prices are starting to go a bit crazy... I sold a good clean wee one a while back for a few hundred which I really should have held on to but didn't.

No preferences on colour/spec. Something basic would be ideal. Essentially I'm just looking a fairly easy project to tinker with.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Yeah, scene tax on the mk2's especially early ones is going the same way as mk1's now. Hard to credit that a few years ago no one would have looked twice at a type 19 base model, now the scensters cant seem to get enough of them, more so across the water. If you are at castlewellan on Saturday you are more than welcome to poke all round my one.

mattyd

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk1 octavia vrs/
I would love another but scene tax his killing them :worried: i wos buying good condition mot'd 1's a couple of years back for like £150.... Mite no of a wee mk2 driver that needs a bit of work... Ill find out if its still there for u

Conor

RMS Regular
Have to be non-GTI Craig? If you get a decent GTI now the way they're going you'll be doubling your money in 3 years by just keeping it clean!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
No a GTI would be grand too but tbh I'm not willing to spend the extra a decent GTI would be. Figured I'd have more chance at finding a cheap, basic one that's not a complete dose.

May also consider a Polo of similar vintage.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Think Cormac81 will agree but it's getting nearly impossible to find a decent small bumper Golf of any description:worried: I toyed with selling mine because it would sit for weeks on end without being used, but I can't seem to bring myself to do it! I'll ask about and see if any one can dig something up for you. Any preference on colour and spec?

It was hard enough over here to get an early small bumper, plenty of big bumpers about which is to be expected as theyre newer. I dont know if its scene tax really that is pushing prices, its just the way popular older cars go and have seen this from experience with Novas. Not too long ago a few hundred would have you got one but any decent example will be over a grand.

Theres a 5 door big bumper non gti automatic on gtini btw but that probably is the opposite of everything you have been looking:-#

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I'm fine with auto but not the rest. Will take a look anyway, thanks :grinning:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Aye I've been to see it and all, she's a lovely little car :grinning:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
This was about a fortnight ago. I'm still looking albeit less enthusiastically than before... probably just going to upgrade the MX5 instead as the MK2's are just too expensive these days.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Upgrade as in modify it not sell it lol

Needs a Torsen LSD :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.