Bit of Advise on where I Stand Please

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gav5

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Was in an accident over the weekend

The Red Celica came from the lane 1 (lane the taxi is in) i was in lane 3 (the right only lane) Pic above ..

The Celica came across from lane 1, across the centre lane and hitting into at the passenger side wheel, wing and bumper. he knocked me into the curb and the Celica went into the sign post..

the driver of the Celica who isnt orginally from NI , says he not to blame as he said he had an indicator on , so he can cut across the lanes which are clearly road marked trying to cut me off .

any body any advice on this situation . thanks

Last edited:

Gav5

RMS Regular
OP
Gav5
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Police said they are just there to take details and sort out traffic...

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Surely it's ok for him to cut across the lanes what are clearly marked………… when it's safe to do so stupid heure! Can't just go bardging in threw traffic!
Police sounded like a great help also.

garyhoker

RMS Regular
Drives
honda
he tried he failed ,,,,,,,isint from n.i mmmmmm always thought read the rules off country your driving in........,he came off worse T.MET here we come ......

corsacj

RMS Regular
Good job with the pics as per above, makes what happened fairly easy to see. Suprised the police were as useless tbh, with my crash they said the other fella was at fault and allowed me to reference to that to my insurers, although in fairness we were completely blocking both sides of a main road so they had to come.

Its a ballix that they're denying it but hopefully they are stupid enough to give the same reason they gave you to their insurance, mirror signal manouver not signal and tear on! Hope it works out alright for you in the end

Gav5

RMS Regular
OP
Gav5
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Police weren't even going to come to the scene when id called , until the guy on the other side of the phone had over heard the Indian guy saying "OK , I can go now"

st6phen

RMS Regular
Drives
anything MOT'd
It's clear from his final position that he was driving like a total tool. You have nothing to worry about. The indicator argument he's pursuing is about as relevant as teets on a bore

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
The pictures tell the story with the damage and the end point of the Celica - so for the insurance it should be a no-brainer! Did you get the details of any witnesses though?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
And they say speed is the problem......Shame on you DOE.

The police give stats on accident causes etc claiming speed....well maybe it's because they dont bother their arse going to any other accidents or recording them ?

For the police not to come to an accident like that right from the word go, and for them not to charge that idiot/danger with dangerous driving would be an absolute joke.

Shame on both DOE and the cops if that is the case !!

That is one epic crash, and for anyone to claim the celica isnt at fault...WTF !

Like holy ****. They'll hunt people down for pathetic speeding offences were nothing was damaged etc...and they dont give a **** about this crazed, drunken, mental person in a car ????

Almost defies belief except for the fact everyone knows it's how the current "road death policy" they use.

Ignore causes of accidents...and target everything that's harmless. Is it any wonder there have been so many deaths this year. Yep...their advert says it all...Shame on you DOE.

Gav5

RMS Regular
OP
Gav5
Drives
Vrs Octavia
The pictures tell the story with the damage and the end point of the Celica - so for the insurance it should be a no-brainer! Did you get the details of any witnesses though?

yea its a whole lot easier to understand where he's thumped me and where the marks are on the cars. Unfortunately no one had stopped . the is a police CCTV camera right where it happened but it was facing up cormac st at the time ..

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
You have plenty of photos, and even a blind person could see they tell the story.

As long as the insurance see them, there is no way they can place any blame on you.

Plus...OBVIOUSLY the police will be charging the celica driver with dangerous driving...which will also go in your favour as far as an dealings with insurance go.

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
Road markings?... Me no understand! Is that an "R" plate on his windscreen? His insurance are gonna love him :eek:

On a separate note, I'm impressed how well the audi held up compared with the damage inflicted to the side of that celica (y)

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Since insurance state never admit your fault, that is probably what he did, best defence is offence. No leg to stand on for him! It is a side damage not frontal and 100% his fault, make sure you contact insurance with all photos statement etc to make sure they don't do 50/50. Plus the nationality is of no relevance anywhere you drive on roads world wide before any racist comments appear!

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Oh I agree but as somebody said before you need to know local rules and laws if you sit behind the wheel, e.g. Some countries need to give way on roundabouts to people that are joining it, in america you can turn at red light etc. so if he drives in NI he should know how to change a lane appropriately, not like in India! I really would like to think there is really no discussion here, his fault!

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
as said above. Would you would really want is a witness for the cherry on the top of the cake!

Worst nightmare... R plated indian driver FFS!

Cess

RMS Staff
If he's on R plates, then the individual's nationality is inconsequential. It would suggest that they learned to drive and passed their test in Northern Ireland.

Careless drivers are careless drivers. Simple as that.

There is many a kamikaze dive across those lanes every morning, as a fair few drivers never seem to know which one they should be in.

Hope the original poster gets the matter resolved in his favour. Hard to see from the pictures how anyone other than the Celica driver could be at fault.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.