Orchard tyre dressing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Got this from davey at procar, Davey recommended this also for blackening plastic on the car body so I put it on my mums Saab on the door mirror holdings and after 2 days it stained them white.

Can't say that I have much faith in orchard stuff now
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414105055.626960.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414105066.577732.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414105077.860578.jpg

Last edited:

_Stu_

RMS Regular
Not great looking, although I'm sure orchard do a trim dressing for black trim instead of tyre dressing? Have you contacted Ronnie about it first before posting up on here?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I don't like it as a tyre shine , too much effort applying coats to get the results I want compared to the one coat of the other stuff I use. But loads on here rate it highly so it must just be personal opinion on how "slik" people want their tyres so can't really complain too much.
But if you use a product that states it's purpose, can you complain if it doesn't work at doing something else ? Davey knows his stuff , but maybe the plastics in your car are a different type (maybe too hard to let the Orchard soak in)

I know I used some AutoGlym bumper care on my van plastics and after a while ot went all streaky , similar to your pics. But the bottle has been lying in my garage for years and put it down to that.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
ouch.....

use an all purpose cleaner, spray it on, clean it with a sponge or toothbrush and hopefully that would clean it off

if that doesn't work, try using a pencil eraser to get rid of all those white stains. that shouldn't have happened and it looks a bit like polish marks?

Bronk

RMS Regular
so its called orchard county tyre dresser.. and some one recommended to use it on other places .. and its orchard county fault :confounded: lol

ask davy does he have anything to get rid of it or even a eraser should work

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
ouch.....

use an all purpose cleaner, spray it on, clean it with a sponge or toothbrush and hopefully that would clean it off

if that doesn't work, try using a pencil eraser to get rid of all those white stains. that shouldn't have happened and it looks a bit like polish marks?

That was my reaction when I saw the photos. Like when the polish overlaps from the paint onto the plastics. God bless 3M tape

matt1207

RMS Regular
Drives
mk7.5 R
What was it like on the tyres? Same problem?

p.s. smart move testing it out on the saab first!

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Not great looking, although I'm sure orchard do a trim dressing for black trim instead of tyre dressing? Have you contacted Ronnie about it first before posting up on here?

My thoughts aswel. Davey knows his stuff about car cleaning and the products to use. Contact him or Ronnie and im sure they will help you out. Posting this prior to speaking to either of them doesn't give out the right message, especially when they haven't been given the chance to help you out offline yet

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
@Brennan use should not have been told to use this on plastic at all imo! The dressing itself is very good, but it is specifically developed to work with tyres, not plastic and it is understandable that there may have been a reaction. As others have said, use some APC with a brush to agitate the marks and it should wash off fine.

It's really simple;

Trim Dressing is for Trims, Tyre Dressing is for Tyres...

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
hi all, I have never had this before I use glitz all the time on wheel arches on minis do mudflaps splitters mirror cover etcs and don't get that, the only thing I could say with out seeing it is, was there anything else on the applicator pad when applying, to me it looks like polish marks or even polish dust, what I normally do is apply the glitz leave for while and wipe off any excess. as said above use a diluted apc and see if that take the marks off and leave to dry.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
ouch.....

Know what your saying buddy, the Saab hasn't been polished in a nearly a year though so it's not polish residue.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Use it on my plastic scuttle panel most weeks and have never had that problem.

Always use the same microfibre applicator pad that I do the tyres with too.

Contact Rollo, I'm sure he'll be happy to help.

AndyG

RMS Regular
I use the glitz on plastic trims etc all the time, was probably something on the plastic before hand that's made it happen, or cause saabs are **** :grinning:

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
To be fair Davy sold me a spray to keep my matt black sills black and they ended up whiter too. I've not been back since as I've lost faith in the place. It was a pinkish spray in a clear bottle but can't remember the name.

And before everyone jumps on, this is a forum, and all honest responses should be welcome even if they are negative.

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
ace275 - the pinky stuff was it the perfection? perfection is like a qd and for wiping down the whole car with, glass,plastic,paint,including matt paint.

I have spoke to Ronnie and sent him the pictures of the above case and he has said it shudnt have went white like that unless there was something either on the applicator pad or on the plastics them selves, the only other reason it could happen is if the plastics. he has also said if you want give him a bell your more than welcome.

if anyone has a problem with products all you need to do is call me of the supplier and then we can see what we can do, I can only go by what the suppliers tell me what there products do unless I have used them myself, I do try to use or test most products I sell here but I can only go by what I have found.

as for glitz I have a brave few customers who buy this product just for doing plastics and are wanting it 5ltrs.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Just to clarify, I used a brand new microfibre that had never been used before.

Tried to scrub this off and it's just not coming off. They were a dull black/grey before applying the orchard, I wanted them to be shiney black and now they have white blotches all over them and it's not coming off.

Not very happy.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Have to jump to both Orchard and Davy's defense here............

I have been using Orchard Glitz since it was released, and have done my tyres many many times without issue, I have also used it on faded scuttle panels and wing mirror bases to good effect and have never experienced this result......I have also sealed and finished exterior plastics with Orchard Speed Seal and Perfection (pink liquid as someone else posted) and have only ever found it to be durable and hydrophobic

I would suggest a deep clean with APC and then possibly try Autosmart Trim Ultra or something similar to try and revitalise and restore the trim

I have a few litres of Trim Ultra and would be happy to pass on a 500ml bottle for no charge to try and help you out...am in Belfast most days or can drop it off with anyone you wish for them to get it to you

Disappointing to have a bad reaction from a product, but I wouldnt dismiss the retailer or supplier straight away before seeing if it can be resolved

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Have to jump to both Orchard and Davy's defense here............

I have been using Orchard Glitz since it was released, and have done my tyres many many times without issue, I have also used it on faded scuttle panels and wing mirror bases to good effect and have never experienced this result......I have also sealed and finished exterior plastics with Orchard Speed Seal and Perfection (pink liquid as someone else posted) and have only ever found it to be durable and hydrophobic

I would suggest a deep clean with APC and then possibly try Autosmart Trim Ultra or something similar to try and revitalise and restore the trim

I have a few litres of Trim Ultra and would be happy to pass on a 500ml bottle for no charge to try and help you out...am in Belfast most days or can drop it off with anyone you wish for them to get it to you

Disappointing to have a bad reaction from a product, but I wouldnt dismiss the retailer or supplier straight away before seeing if it can be resolved
If you wouldn't mind lad and it's not out of your way, you could drop it into the guys at the parts dept in Belfast Audi. I'm down there quite a bit, would love to try some of that stuff.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Will get some dropped over at the start of the week.....hopefully resolve your issue.

Be aware that Autosmart Trim Ultra has to be cleaned off any bodywork when applying in the case of over application as it can be a real problem to remove after it dries. Simple application with a clean microfibre or sponge applicator, leave to dry and wipe off excess product. To me it is very heavily oil based so has good protective qualities nearly like Linseed oil, so a little goes a LONG way..only posting this as the bottle I supply will not be labelled or have instructions attached :grinning:Always good to do a tester area as with any other product :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.