Everyone on the internet has a Golf R

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
What is everyone's views on the residuals of these in 3 years time?

Will they be lower than you would usually see given the number of them around, or will they still comand decent residual values? Would they still be £20k+ - they're close to £40k new aren't they?

Couldn't just justify a lease deal, but the more I see of these the bigger the urge gets!!

When I was in Agnews last week looking at them and getting some figures the salesman told me that they put the final optional payment very low on the cars hence why the monthly price was a bit OTT (for a 4 year deal they were putting the value at 11k although they stated you would not get a 4 year old Golf R for that price) I hope that makes sense?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I hope that makes sense?

To be honest, I would not give the salesman's version of that topic any time at all. Obviously all these lease deals are not going to do second hand values any good in a couple of years' time. Would have to be a seriously good deal to pay cash outright for a brand new one.

Unless you really really wanted one and could not care less about resale values, which is obviously fine :grinning:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I honestly don't think I could justify the money to get a Golf R in the spec I want. If I do change I'll probably go for an A6 avant or a 3 series touring.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
It's not the cost of the car it's how vw set their deposits and final payments for their pcp.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The s-line black edition plus is an awesome look wagon

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
It's not the cost of the car it's how vw set their deposits and final payments for their pcp.

You can structure PCP pretty much any way you want and can put up to 30% deposit in if you want

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
You can structure PCP pretty much any way you want and can put up to 30% deposit in if you want

That's what my understanding was but when I wanted to adjust monthly payments and deposits there was no movement at all. 11k deposit on a golf r was what I was told for a 4 year deal...not a mission.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
its already hard enough to tell a GTI/GTD/R apart without adding an R400 into the identity crisis mix lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
It was the Boucher one I went to but it wasn't Gary That came to speak to me about finance, he told me his name but I can't remember!

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
It was the Boucher one I went to but it wasn't Gary That came to speak to me about finance, he told me his name but I can't remember!

I am based in Mallusk now but if you want to fire me a PM I can certainly look at something for you.

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Unbelievable how many of these are on the road now. I am seeing about 5 a day now. TBF, they could be the same 5 i am seeing lol

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Not just everyone on the internet has one of these now ... Saw a wee Fiesta getting pulled over on the m2 by a blue one yesterday ....

edit - @S0NNY the police must be all over this thread and ordered one in every colour lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.