RMS Rolling Road Day - 21st Nov - GSportscars

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Your RS was one of the cars of the day for me @Simon Watson, sounded so good. I've always had a soft spot for any RS and hope to own another someday.
After Saturday i'm dreaming up a shopping list in my head of bigger front mount IC, HPFP, quaife diff and more boooost...lol I daren't tell the wife though

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
image.jpg

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Anyone know what that N234 glanza made? The bluey one, went to a RR day with him about 2 years ago and it made about 100hp less than he expected,interesting to see what he has it at now
If I knew ducky was going down I'd have went for a run with him
Aiming for 300 he told me last week

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Brilliant day folks, some very powerful and stunning motors there, was well impressed with the Leon Cupra that produced over 340bhp and of course Phil's monster Starlet, insane car altogether!

I bought my RS from a Ford showroom in Sion Mills three years ago, I'm the second owner and the mapping was done by mountune in Essex :grinning:, not sure who owns the one in Bombardier you guys are talking about. I'll be back up to GSport for another run when I get my mountune forged parts installed along with their hybrid turbo and upgraded injectors :cool: and will hopefully have a chance to get it cleaned next time round :confounded:

11846785_1172055692809725_217757021270315351_n.jpg

Simon

You can give me a heads up on what day that happens as I would like to be there for that run lol

mickjw_mo

RMS Member
Drives
Mk3 leon FR 184
Sounds good to me, never been to a rolling road day and have been told that my cupra was mapped before I got it but no proof or printouts alto wouldn't be disappointed if it was standard as I'm looking into a hpfp and a map

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Sounds good to me, never been to a rolling road day and have been told that my cupra was mapped before I got it but no proof or printouts alto wouldn't be disappointed if it was standard as I'm looking into a hpfp and a map

They take very well to a few tuning bits and pieces, doesn't take much for them to make good power:grinning:

mickjw_mo

RMS Member
Drives
Mk3 leon FR 184
They take very well to a few tuning bits and pieces, doesn't take much for them to make good power:grinning:

I think the first think I will be doing in a set of good tyres tho, tyres are like new on it but they are sunny's :/. Looking a set of 18" alloys to cus there is 17" fr wheels on it at the mo. Ur motor looks mint btw

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Thanks buddy, yeah good tyres are definitly needed especially if you plan on more power! I'm looking at a quaife diff now to help with traction issues

RS02RAB

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus RS
I've 2 x mk7 fiesta st's I'd like to get on the rollers 1 standard then going bluefin stage 1 and the other running mountune Mp215 then going Mountune MR230 so kinda want the before and after results, would you guys recommend these guys then?

PhilM

RMS Regular
I've 2 x mk7 fiesta st's I'd like to get on the rollers 1 standard then going bluefin stage 1 and the other running mountune Mp215 then going Mountune MR230 so kinda want the before and after results, would you guys recommend these guys then?

Yeah take it up to @gsportcars for sure

Always good to confirm that your parts are taking the car in the right direction

Phil

mickjw_mo

RMS Member
Drives
Mk3 leon FR 184
Thanks buddy, yeah good tyres are definitly needed especially if you plan on more power! I'm looking at a quaife diff now to help with traction issues

Would love a quaife diff tho it's a bit out of my budget at the moment, can't wait to start modding tho

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^

GSport is a decent lad, would have no problem taking stuff to him.
I would say tho, that if you are putting a car on the rollers, try to use the same rolling road every time in the future, figures can vary depending on the dyno.

its no big deal but using the same rolling road every time ensures consistancy

Simon Watson

RMS Member
Drives
Mk2 Focus RS
This is the second RR my car has been on (The other was Autotune in Ballymena) and the reason I done this was just for a second opinion.
Both times my car pulled 358bhp so pretty confident that both of these rollers are reading good in my opinion.

I'll be returning to GSport in the future though as they are much closer to me.

Simon

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I would think the rollers are pretty accurate too, as a few cars on the day that were totally standard and made in and around the factory figures...the cold ambient temp of 4 degrees prob helped to get the best from the turbo'd stuff.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.