TRIANGLE tyres, (yes i know)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Karlos S14a

RMS Regular
thing is, with christmas comming up, and my sx now only being a weekend car (iff that, lol) i cant afford to put excellent tyres on. now i can get triangle tyres deliverd for £115, which i think is excellent 245/40/18.
question is, are they are hard wareing tyre, and anybody used them.
i know they will be ****, but when ive got the 18s on, i dont drive the car hard, due to constantantly replacing rear 18" tyres is too expensive

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
My Mate had Triangles on his Clio many years ago, and he stuffed the car into the back of an Imprezza at no speed with them on in the wet.

I think thats when he had triangles anyway

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
My Mate had Triangles on his Clio many years ago, and he stuffed the car into the back of an Imprezza at no speed with them on in the wet.

I think thats when he had triangles anyway

Yeah I bet that is EXACTLY what happened! :party:

skeets

RMS Regular
Drives
330d
yes, 2 tyres may be £115. How much is an s14a front end? :party:

get some Kumho exsta KU31's. i had them on my sx and thought they were exellent for the money

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I'd be inclined to spend a little bit more mate, you don't have to be driving hard for the back to step out in the rain especially on sh*t tyres. If you dont drive her that much then its not like you'll be replacing the more expensive tyres very often anyway.

Karlos S14a

RMS Regular
OP
Karlos S14a
my mate is running silverstone, which is a budget tyre. the dam things are amazingly good for the money, and ive been in the car, both wet and dry. tbh, i might fork out for the dunlops

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
spend the little extra,

modern tyres in lisburn were able to get me toyo's fitted cheaper than the internet cud deliver for the tyres only!!

rocko_n82

RMS Regular
Drives
Renault Clio 182
Buy the best tyres you can afford. As other people have said, tyres keep you on the road. I got michelin pilots for my Clio and they are brilliant.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I think there is a certain amount brand snobbery when it comes to tyres, not alot, just a bit. To be honest I've never really felt much of a difference between brands.

Maybe I'm lucky or drive like a grandad but I havent even had any major sh*t the whips moments on many various brands of cheap tyres...

I see everyones point - but I really don't notice any difference on the road between brands apart from placebo... and tbh even then that can be a bad thing "Oh Im running £200 Michelins, I can take that bend flat out" etc...

Used to be a Eagle F1 regular buyer till my company cars - then I realised, actually there seems to be jack sh*t difference in grip at normal road legal speeds...

np4uk

RMS Regular
Drives
Hyundai Coupe
I have triangles on my car at the minute, at the front but not through choice, just because thats what the guy put on the rims for me. Think they were like £45 or so each fitted on 17s, not sure any other dimensions off the top of my head.

They are AWFUL in the wet, no grip at all when cornering and the surface of the road is even slightly greasy.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I think there is a certain amount brand snobbery when it comes to tyres, not alot, just a bit. To be honest I've never really felt much of a difference between brands.

Maybe I'm lucky or drive like a grandad but I havent even had any major sh*t the whips moments on many various brands of cheap tyres...

Totally agree...

I have had more trouble with proper Hankook commercial tyres on our Fiesta van in the wet than cheap commercial remoulds on the Renault Kangoo.

I had Toyos once but they hardly lasted 5k miles... never again.

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Theres triangles on that nissan i bought, and they are complete rubbish. Dangerous in the wet.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Triangle / Diamondback are what they are. Budget tyres. They're on of the better of the budget brands but don't compare to any good tyre.

We do them in 225/40/18 for £55 each including fitting, balancing, VAT and tyre disposal.

If you wanted to go a slight step up I'd advise to go for Nexan. They're £65 each all inc.

The best all round tyre in 225/40/18 at the minute is Goodyear Eagle F1 Aysymmetric but they're £105 each :confounded:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
There was triangle on the back of stephens blue s14a with the bbs lm's at one point. Send the fella stephen that now has a dc5, a pm and ask how they were.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Budget tyre brands that are decent quality (for the money):

Kumho
Maxxis
Federal
Nexan
Infinity
Hero
Nokian
Falken

Budget tyre brands that are just ok:

Triangle (Diamondback)
Stunner
Nankang
Silverstone
Wanli
Camac

Ones to avoid like the plague:

Fullrun
Autoguard
Yellowsea
Ling Long
Doublestar

To be honest though - budget tyres are more expensive in the long run as the compounds wear at a much quicker rate than their premium counterparts.

(y)

MiniMad

RMS Regular
Drives
fwd + rwd + 4wd
had these on my kangoo at one stage, they are a dangerous tyre, dont balance even, then my mate has those triangles on his A4 and he hates them :relieved:
ask ollie what he thinks of this triangles! lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.