Honda Accord 03 - Arctic Blue Pearl - iVTEC

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Stevie91

RMS Regular
Got the civic sold and bought this yesterday off site member @scoobyman , really sound fella.

It is a 2003 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 i-VTEC, half leather and well specd in lovely Arctic Blue Pearl, very happy with it!

Iz0UA6D.jpg

In3SpvG.jpg

Wheels are the main thing letting it down at the minute. Might try spraying them until I can get a new set. Few cheap mods to start off with as well.

Cheers :grinning:

Last edited:

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Getting started on the cheap mods today. Woke up yesterday to a flat/ruined tyre so got a new one yesterday. Then today woke up to the same again :confounded: another new tyre tomorrow then..

Anyway, metros fitted today, cleaned it up a lot, especially the back plates because they were wearing away and had writing all over them. Cheers to @Neil@rockvale for sorting me out with them.

W6K2C14.jpg

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Gave engine bay a quick wash today, was so dusty. Happy enough for a quick go over. Gonna take a badge off the rear tomorrow, doing all the small jobs first :grinning:

Before and after.

For some reason there is no ivtec dohc plate/sticker on the rocker cover, anyone know where to get these?

Before:

roC4VqX.jpg

After:

2f3gFPw.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Nice motor, looking forward to seeing the progress. Health to drive! (y)

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Nice motor, looking forward to seeing the progress. Health to drive! (y)
Cheers mate, big upgrade for me. Skint after buying it so nothing major yet but have plans down the line. Need to sort out a few stupid things first :grinning:

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Well continuing with the small things today, took a badge off the back because I can't stand it not being symmetrical lol. Also shows the metros on the back which tidied it up alot. Not sure if anyone cares for the smaller mods but i'll post them up anyway to see what yous think lol.

Before:

sgEiWq5.jpg

After:

hgoRYGd.jpg

Car needs cleaned soon because it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years, looking forward to a nice day to do it if we ever get one.

Cheers!

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Finally got a chance to clean it, in what looks to be the first time in a few years. Gonna clay bar it next time, definitely needs done. Wheels are letting it down so much, way too much kerbing on them.

brHx9OI.jpg

MOu8vEL.jpg

MedA7RZ.jpg

FsE0B0H.jpg

MFEeexN.jpg

Crap phone pictures but they do the job. Cheers

warren

RMS Photographer
Some nice wheels and a bit lower and youll have a winner. Paint and bodywork looks like its in brilliant condition, lovely shade of blue too.

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Some nice wheels and a bit lower and youll have a winner. Paint and bodywork looks like its in brilliant condition, lovely shade of blue too.
Paint isn't 100% but I'm picky, but the body is excellent, can only find one pinhole dent on it. Yeh wheels will likely get refurbed by myself in the meantime until I can get something nicer. Thanks!

corsacj

RMS Regular

My thoughts exactly, some nice wheels and some lows against that colour and it will look fantastic

Would you be considering the euro-r lips?

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
My thoughts exactly, some nice wheels and some lows against that colour and it will look fantastic

Would you be considering the euro-r lips?
Yes mate considering them in the future, bought with the intention to very slowly turn it into a euro r rep but unsure what direction to go. Do love the lip kit though.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Nice car. didn't think these were made as far back as 03! Love the colour as well.

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Nice car. didn't think these were made as far back as 03! Love the colour as well.
This was a late 03 apparently, seems to have been brought in from England years ago as service book has it on a 52 plate I think.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
How are your rear arches?

If they are mint, spend some time now and make sure they stay that way. Once bubbles appear on them it is only a matter of weeks in this weather for them to go nuts and destroy the 1/4 panel

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
How are your rear arches?

If they are mint, spend some time now and make sure they stay that way. Once bubbles appear on them it is only a matter of weeks in this weather for them to go nuts and destroy the 1/4 panel
Haven't has a proper look but they seem fine, do you lift off the plastic arch liner to check? And how is this prevented?

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Haven't really looked into it tbh, but I had one small bubble on the drivers arch, and literally over the last 2 weeks they have multiplied.

Yey, more fecking money to throw at my car :worried:

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Haven't really looked into it tbh, but I had one small bubble on the drivers arch, and literally over the last 2 weeks they have multiplied.

Will have a look next time I'm out, when getting wheels changed I had a small look and they looked clean but worth a check anyway

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91

You gave me a scare so went and checked the rears, looked 100% to me but wouldn't mind removing the liner to get a better look.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I was about to suggest the 10 year manufacturers guarantee regarding rust - you have to play with words, but they got me because my car didn't have two of the special "extra" services required by the terms and conditions - so I was unable to have them fixed by Honda

They wouldnt even split the costs with me when I suggested it.

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
I was about to suggest the 10 year manufacturers guarantee regarding rust - you have to play with words, but they got me because my car didn't have two of the special "extra" services required by the terms and conditions - so I was unable to have them fixed by Honda

They wouldnt even split the costs with me when I suggested it.
Gutted mate you have had a lot of trouble with that car, making me worry about mine now haha.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Gutted mate you have had a lot of trouble with that car, making me worry about mine now haha.

Mine was self inflicted.

As for the arches, its a 10-11 year old car which was owned by a rep from new, got the monthly bath with fairy liquid if it was lucky. Also being a Honda, they do tend to go there.

It then went to @tomah via a couple of dealers and he looked after it well. When I got it it was a relatively cheap car, it wasn't perfect, but the mechanical issues with the engine were entirely my own doing. The rest was general mechanical wear and tear expected of a car with 100k miles on it.

If I were you I would strip the rear trim off, empty a bottle of WD-40 into each arch from insdie to displace any water. Blow it out with an air line then heavily waxoyl the arch - get the heat gun out and get it all to melt into the join between inner and outer arch. Hope it doesn't trap any moisture.

Stevie91

RMS Regular
OP
Stevie91
Mine was self inflicted.

As for the arches, its a 10-11 year old car which was owned by a rep from new, got the monthly bath with fairy liquid if it was lucky. Also being a Honda, they do tend to go there.

It then went to @tomah via a couple of dealers and he looked after it well. When I got it it was a relatively cheap car, it wasn't perfect, but the mechanical issues with the engine were entirely my own doing. The rest was general mechanical wear and tear expected of a car with 100k miles on it.

If I were you I would strip the rear trim off, empty a bottle of WD-40 into each arch from insdie to displace any water. Blow it out with an air line then heavily waxoyl the arch - get the heat gun out and get it all to melt into the join between inner and outer arch. Hope it doesn't trap any moisture.
Might see about getting some wax oil in behind rear arches within next few months. Cheers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.