Say hello to the newest member of my garage. YZF-R1

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

warren

RMS Photographer
So I went to Charles Hurst last week and accidentally bought myself an R1........

There are just no words to describe the speed or how it rides. Unreal. Cant believe normal humans are allowed to walk into a shop and buy something that moves this fast.

Even compared to the R6, its not even playing the same sport.

......and yes the K&N sticker on the swing arm will be removed shortly :grinning:

DSC_0144-2.jpg
DSC_0147-2.jpg
DSC_0148-2.jpg
DSC_0150-2.jpg

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Nice! Very stealthy.

The paint on the lettering of the tyres will come off with some gentle wire brushing and a dab of thinners (y)

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Thanks guys! Been out on it every day since I got it, absolutely love it. The power is addictive, it's an complete animal.

Nice! Very stealthy.

The paint on the lettering of the tyres will come off with some gentle wire brushing and a dab of thinners (y)

I actually really like the white on the tyres :laughing:

soccersmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
F32+RSV1000
Had one when they came out in 07.

Looks like the de-cat is done.

Get a power commander and ignition module on it,
and you'll love it more.

Health to ware !

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
That is awesome, very mean looking, would i have seen this somewhere at the weekend? I seen one identical but can't remember where lol HTR

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
It was out a lot at the weekend! If it was around Whitehead, Carrick or Belfast it may have been!

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Just serviced the bike the other day, was an interesting experience to say the least. Took it apart to never before done levels lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

But yeah fitting the plugs was an interesting experience to say the least. This is the space you have to work in. It's just a case of unbolting the radiator and trying to pull it out as far as you can to get your hand in.

image.jpg

Still to sort out the air filter but that's it good to go for another year anyway :laughing: done just in time for the weather to turn wick again!

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
So had the bike up for sale, guy had arranged to come see it in the afternoon so I thought I'd go check it over in the morning to make sure all was well. Went out, took the cover off and started it then just thought NOPE. So it is no longer for sale

Have treated it to some rather lovely new red brake lines with black fittings
image.jpeg

So yeah.... It's staying

image.jpeg

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Yeah exactly, was planning on getting something a bit more touring based....but ill just have to buy a cheap touring bike as well as this. No way I can let it go, have wanted one of those bikes for too long.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Think having both a tourer and a sports bike is the ultimate way to go these days.

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Got a nice little package in the post today, will be fitted along with some nice new EBC pads over the Christmas holidays. Hopefully will make the brakes a bit sharper!

image.jpeg

Reactions: wes
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.