Circuit of Ireland 2014 - to include the ERC

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Was out all day marshalling at Hamiltons Folly and have to say I got a cracking spot downhill into a tight left, tight right. Burnt to a crisp all the same.

Was that like 3/4 through the stage? If so, i was on the other side of the junction! Didn't realise that you were so close, raging.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
No idea but I feel sorry for the team who have to remove all metal safety barriers and bales from ards overnight and take them straight to lisburn to be set up by stage start tomorrow

Sure they are used to it after their epic efforts last night.

Facebook was flooded with pics of them setting up.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Was out all day marshalling at Hamiltons Folly and have to say I got a cracking spot downhill into a tight left, tight right. Burnt to a crisp all the same.

Got chatting to a Norweigian media guy who said it was his first time at a NI rally and compared it to a world rally event in terms of organisation and stage quality etc which was good to hear!

I was out with Paul and Caroline on the Mourne rally this time last year and we were the same!

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Was that like 3/4 through the stage? If so, i was on the other side of the junction! Didn't realise that you were so close, raging.

Looking at your photos there, you weren't at the same place as me!

Deleted member 13907

D
Really enjoyed it all yesterday. Has been a good few years since I've been at any motor sport event and I have to say the adrenalin is buzzing through me. Went to the bucks head stage (which is where I'm from) and was great to see the likes of Paul Killeen, Christian Cochrane and Rudi Tate, who all love within a few yards/miles of the stage, doing really well. Watched the whole of the stage the first time, went fir something to eat, then went back to the same spot for an hour or so of the second run before going to ards. Was standing in a crap spot and didn't really enjoy the first few runs in ards but moved down the street to between the start line and the first chicane and thought it was incredible - was gutted they had to stop the stage early. The guys in the wrc cars were incredible - both on the country stages and through the town. Just gonna head down to Lisburn today for a bit. My dad managed to wangle a couple of tickets for the civic centre so hoping I can maybe do the same.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Breen has stopped on the first stage this morning- possible radiator problem.

Breen's radiator was changed in service due to a problem with his teammate's yesterday.

pinto200

RMS Regular
Breen has stopped on the first stage this morning- possible radiator problem.

Breen's radiator was changed in service due to a problem with his teammate's yesterday.

So precautionary change gone wrong?

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Serious amount of folk out around the stages with tins of beer.

Now I know it's a nice day and all that, but f**k off to the pub if you want to drink, not a motorsport event!!!

DISCLAIMER: Just my opinion

I don't see an issue with it, I had a few beers throughout the day, but we kept ourselves to ourselves and certainly weren't on a 'session'.

Just something to enjoy in the sun. Would it matter if we were drinking alcohol free or normal beer? No real issue, just don't be getting full.

Though I certainly agree there's many people who shouldn't be allowed near it at such an event

Cess

RMS Staff
Keep the thread to rallying, lads

Donnelly no time on Bull's Brook. Is he gone?

Sam.

RMS Regular
Really unlucky for Breen after he had started to catch Lappi yesterday :worried:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Really enjoyed it all yesterday. Has been a good few years since I've been at any motor sport event and I have to say the adrenalin is buzzing through me.

Completely agree. Just back from the Bulls Brook stage and absolutely loved it. First time I'd been at a rally in years and I had butterflies after seeing the BRZ/GT86 clearance car!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.