Trackskills Track Day Sunday 13th April 2014

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Yes this sounds more like it because i too would hit the limiter in 5th just as i was exiting debtors this is why i started hitting 6th just before i lashed her into the corner :grinning:

I have an iphone 5s here wonder should i download harrys laptimer onto it for bit of craic an will it be better than the go-pro

It's a handy app, I really like it, it eats the battery though so bring a charger! I haven't figured out all the features of it but it seems you can only put the telemetry on the video per lap rather than the entire session, been meaning to read up if it's possible to put the telemetry on the whole session.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
I had another problem between colonial and fisherman's - hit the limiter in third on the short straight between them, but if I changed up then I had to change back again like one second later... So I basically just sat on the limiter from the exit of colonial to the exit of the chicane, lol :grinning:

I have the same problem but think id be in 4th bit longer than that. I can remember when I had the 5.1 diff I was changing back down to 3rd for the chicane but I soon realised that id be quicker staying in 4th even thou I was almost out of the vtec, that way I was saving time on the gear change. There is lots of places like this on kirkistown. I want to try an see if im any quicker staying in 3rd for the hairpin instead of going back into 2nd

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You would carry a fair bit more speed through the corners though, so staying in fourth might make more sense to you.

I stayed in third for the hairpin though.

Harry's, or a vBox, will tell you everything if you want to micro analyse every lap and see what difference it makes with different lines or gears or brake points or whatever. They can tell you by sector how much time you spent in different parts of the track, for every lap. Etc. Many happy evenings to spend analysing every inch of every lap :grinning:

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
You would carry a fair bit more speed through the corners though, so staying in fourth might make more sense to you.

I stayed in third for the hairpin though.

Harry's, or a vBox, will tell you everything if you want to micro analyse every lap and see what difference it makes with different lines or gears or brake points or whatever. They can tell you by sector how much time you spent in different parts of the track, for every lap. Etc. Many happy evenings to spend analysing every inch of every lap :grinning:

Yes im really liking the sound of this :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.