Caked on brake dust

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Damn autocorrect!

My autocorrect was forgivable, but you calling bimp pimp?!

Haha had golf instead of glove earlier to.

Could have been worse, Bimp Pig

Haven't even been drinking or anything, think I need to go to bed

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I'd dread to think what that would do to alloys. It's some stuff on exhausts but I think it would whiten alloys.maybe I'm wrong but?

No problem to wheels at all mate. I use it on my own wheels (although only when I need it) as I did on my last wheels with the polished lips.

Don't use it concentrated and not regularly. I wouldn't used the same concentration on my wheels that I used on the exhaust.

For this job its spot on.

As Coog says, water it down. It very rarely needs to be used at full strength.

Mark - I didn't get near Bangor today. Can it wait until next week, or do you need stuff sooner?

josh897

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 Leon
Trigger spray bottle full of petrol...job done
This is something i wonder too, for cleaning of wheels that literally no one ever cares about, that are covered in burnt on dust. Dont need the softly softly approach, something that near takes the rubber off never mind the brake dust would be good. lol

My own skyline wheels, i dont even use cleaner, as there washed often and i just use whatever bubbles is left in my bucket from bath time. But the mondeo ones look terrible....

jonnyboy

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CRV
Autosmart xxx just to get the bake dust off wouldn't use it to clean the wheels everytime as its acid based stuff but works great.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Wonder Wheels works wonders:p

Super Alloy Cleaner its called or something, wear gloves though

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.