Coogs multifaceted fleet

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
@hannakournikova time to gurn up man! you been going on about that car for ages lol, buy another already lol!!!

@Coog I'd go the blue personally and paint your wheels and a frame gloss black. If you don't mind when you come to paint I'd love to get a look at it mid painting. See how you do it lol, see the process etc lol

Aye no bother. It's really only a case of thinning land rover/military paint and lashing it on in thin coats with a foam roller. Bit of a technique in getting a decent finish and right consistency but it's pretty straight forward once you get into it. Biggest pain is car at my workshop which is miles from home so either going to have to hang about waiting for paint to dry or do a quick coat every time I pass the shed 8-(

Is that S14 manual yet never mind stage 2-ing???

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Still not painted... will get to it in March hopefully!

New flexi was needed for the exhaust (excuse the welding)

WP_20140226_001.jpg

IJy0ZUig2bmVm8pzvZrMiayDW99kUPUVAG-2P0XHmNQ=w368-h207-p-no

Not really a lot to it. This and a mazdaspeed backbox on it.

WP_20140228_001.jpg

Also did the cam belt and idlers and set the timing to 14 degrees BTDC afterwards. Old belt looked grand but the tensioner looked rough:

WP_20140102_001.jpg

Flyin Miata cam locker proved to be useless. I had to resort to a couple of big adjustable spanners on the cams after this:

WP_20140102_004.jpg

WP_20140102_005.jpg

Built and ready for summer

WP_20140102_008.jpg

Took me a few goes to get the belt right lol. Could do it again in 2 hours easy now :p

J-VW

RMS Regular
I didn't know you had this @Coog i'm currently trying to buy one off a mate that he has sitting in his yard doing nout! Would be great fun i'd imagine in the sun

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Still miss this wee car at times was the cleanest one I've ever seen didn't have any rust on it at all looks good coog :grinning:

C4L

RMS Regular
haha yes boyyyy!

another custom job, get some flip paint or something rollered on this time lol this wee thing is class!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
At it all day today with the rollers and brushes lol. Like last time it looks a bit pish when its wet but flashes to a smooth, satin finish. Should be done tomorrow in time for some Easter motoring. Colour is midnight blue. Wasn't brave enough for the PRU, etc!!
WP_20140418_001.jpg
WP_20140418_002.jpg
WP_20140418_004.jpg
WP_20140418_005.jpg

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Haha just felt like it? Did you sand it back by hand?!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Yeah it had seen its fair share of action throughout the year and needed tidied. For all it costs to paint I thought I'd try a new colour lol. Hand sanded, only took an hour or so.

Reactions: dub

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
No its just another land rover/machine paint picked off a standard chart lol. Finish not as good this time IMO but will do rightly for this summer!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
That's true plus no doubt it'll be getting rollered again next year anyway lol

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
i've an oem eunos exhaust here and an aftermarket import one sitting in my garage if either is of any interest to you mate?

going to fire pictures up later in classifieds but not after big money for either. need garage space lol. reckon the sports one would look well one your motor lol

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Cheers Dave - already has stainless mani, straight thru and mazdaspeed back box on it. Lil' flame spitter lol :laughing: