Hands free bluetooth phone system

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I've an 04 Subaru Legacy that I'm looking to install one of these hands free devices for phone calls. Never needed one before, but after driving my brothers 520 that had one of the Parrot systems (CK3100), I now feel lost without one. Is Parrot the only brand worth getting, or are there other ones available on the market. I will admit, I know nothing about car accessories and what's available, but I do know I want one that interupts the car stereo on calls and one with a good mic so that the person on the other end can hear me clearly. Also, do you need a fitting kit for these or have you to splice the loom in the head unit to get them working properly?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yeh, don't bother with anything else.

I had a MKi 9200 in my Legacy and had the screen hidden in behind the flap where the clock etc is. It allows connection to USB/iPod so it was the cheapest/easiest way to get music rather than changing the stereo.

Had plenty of CK3100's though and they are such a great unit, so easy to use and install. If you don't need music, then a CK3100 is for you.

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
Does it come with a fitting kit or is it a case of getting the wire strippers out? Bluetooth interaction for music would be good. As you know, a new facia for a double din is £200 on it's own before buying a head unit to fit into it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yeh, I usually prefer OEM or integrated stuff but just couldn't stomach paying that.

You just need to get an SOT cable for the Legacy. The parrot comes with it's own ISO loom.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.