1984 Raleigh Night Burner . MINT Showbike.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Herbert Austin

RMS Regular
Drives
Clubman/s
Wow, superb collection Neil

I had a burner the same colour scheme as the Tuff, except I didn't have the cool yellow wheels.
Was that the standard burner then?

Infact the more I think of it I have a feeling its in the shed, hidden by Golf & Mini bits lol
Its not going to be as shiney as that one though :oops:
Must dig it out and get a photo for a laugh (Rat look? :laughing: )

mk1003.jpg

Its not as "Rat Look" as I thought it would be considering its about 30 years old :laughing:

424650_3736207895068_1818431959_n.jpg

FAKER

RMS Regular
Drives
loadsa stuff
just outa interest, what would an un-restored one of these be worth today roughly?
It would depend on a number of factors. Is it complete? With original parts (rims, brakes, bars, seat)? Or is it just a tatty frame and fork that has all its original bits swapped over the years?

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
That was some collection - but to have none? Something must have taken their place?

dixy

RMS Regular
Lol that has just taken me back about 25 years, I had a team burner when growing up pure class, even had thoughts of trying to get another just to have.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
That was some collection - but to have none? Something must have taken their place?

a rather nice Porsche took their place, filled it nicely, burying their memory each time he presses the GO pedal I expect!

Rob1sp

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Cars
This brings back memories, I used to go over to my granny's house in Nottingham every summer when I was young, the fella that lived next door to her worked for Raleigh when they still built bikes in Nottingham, I remember his son used to ride about on all sorts of hardware like this, I was stuck with a big, heavy Raleigh Commando, the poor ugly relation of the Chopper!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.