VW Golf R400

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
It looks immense

lk-GolfR400-1-1024-620x414.jpg

vw-golf-r-400-10-1.jpg

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
I'd like to think the neon bits are a joke. Right?

:scream:

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
Nice to see a manual these days too, too many autos these days, good as they are I just can't warm to them

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
So they call it an R400 and give it 395 bhp....that doesn't play nice with my OCD at all. I mean how hard would it have been to give it that extra 5bhp to make the name actually mean something. Love the look though.

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
Love it apart from the Yellow!! Ah why yellow!! Blue like the R blue would be fine. Will be interesting to hear what it sounds like....

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
So they call it an R400 and give it 395 bhp....that doesn't play nice with my OCD at all. I mean how hard would it have been to give it that extra 5bhp to make the name actually mean something. Love the look though.

Fear not, it's called the R400 because of the amount of PS the engine produces - not BHP.

You're welcome.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
I think I could put up with the wee bit of yellow for that level of performance. If you have £35-40k to spend on a car I'm sure you wouldn't be long spending a couple £ changing the yellow bits anyways if you didn't like them.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Actually that's quite smart, think I seen an Audi a7 or similar with a mahooooooosive third level brake light aswell like that!!

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
It is really nice but I can't imagine spending a meeeeelion pounds on a golf, which I'm sure it will be. Same as houses, there is a ceiling price on models of car and I imagine this will be approaching Porsche boxster/ Cayman/ lotus exige money which are obviously different type of cars but still. I imagine these will be well in to the hyper hatch rs3/ 1 series monster/ sporty a class company and I'm not sure how many people will pay the same kind of money for a golf. The above is all based on price conjecture though and may proven totally wrong.

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
My only gripe with the "R400" name is that to certain uneducated folk it might sound like a slightly under powered Scania 8-(

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.