Sapphire Cosworth

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Rear brakes fitted.

IMG_2047.jpg

Rear diff fitted

IMG_2048.jpg

Getting there :p

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Got some more done tonight -

Rear diff buttoned up and all the rear flexy brake liners have been replaced.

IMG_2071.jpg

Front diff fitted, engine subframe/engine etc all bolted back in properly (You need to drop pretty much everything to get the front diff out :worried: )

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

It's getting there. However as usual it's one step forwards -two steps back! I now need new front wheel bearings after @Mark King got hammer happy trying to remove the old ABS sensors lol. I'll forgive him though as he fitted the entire front end whilst I pissed around with two brake pipes :p

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Got some more done tonight -

Rear diff buttoned up and all the rear flexy brake liners have been replaced.

IMG_2071.jpg

Front diff fitted, engine subframe/engine etc all bolted back in properly (You need to drop pretty much everything to get the front diff out :worried: )

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

It's getting there. However as usual it's one step forwards -two steps back! I now need new front wheel bearings after @Mark King got hammer happy trying to remove the old ABS sensors lol. I'll forgive him though as he fitted the entire front end whilst I pissed around with two brake pipes :p

bearings are fine,just the seals took a "wee knock"

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Love those AP racing brakes!

Still cant believe these came with four stud hubs back in the day despite the power they were pushing out

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Love those AP racing brakes!

Still cant believe these came with four stud hubs back in the day despite the power they were pushing out

Ford's only really started bringing in 5 stud around 2000 (bar the later Granada/Scorpios) - Even then it was only bigger cars like the Mondeo.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
OP
Paul RS
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Finally drummed up some enthusiasm to go and work on the car.

Plumbed the new Pro Alloy turbo cooler in. Not exactly straight forward as it's designed to work with a Pro Alloy intercooler. My Genuine RS 500 coolers pipes come out at a slight angle (the Pro Alloy intercoolers pipes come out straight) so it made for little clearance between the boost pipes and the turbo rads -6 fittings. It also meant I had to take a bit of a roundabout route with the turbo side -6 water hose lol

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

I then reconnected everything else that had been taken off whilst working around the engine and fitted new ABS sensors.

IMG_2115.jpg

Finished!

IMG_2120.jpg

All that's left to do is fit the fuel lines and give the car a change of fluids.

Then hopefully it starts lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.