Getting rid of interior smell

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

eamon343

RMS Regular
My sister went on holidays for three weeks, and her daughter left a bowl of cereal in the car, so now it stinks, I can barely sit in it. So has anyone ever tried them deodoriser things?

Something like this
It never actually spilt, just sat in the sun for three weeks so the smell is probably in everything

DUB_MK3

RMS Regular
Someone recommended cat litter to me before with a similar problem.. Bought a car with a crude smell before.. Left a Yankee candle in it burning overnight.. Done the job

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Yankee candle overnight, I would be crapping my pants that the car would set alight:scream:.

Try a bowl of bicarbonate of soda overnight, I know when my brother spilled a full pint of milk on my parents new living room carpet mum sprinkled it over the carpet and left it overnight and it got rid of the smell totally.

jonny.92

RMS Regular
I can imagine nothing worse than a car sitting in July heat with a bowl of milk in it, even imagining the smell would make you gag lol

eamon343

RMS Regular
OP
eamon343
I have heard of using charcoal as well. So thats a bucket of charcoal, a bowl of bicarbonate soda and a tray of cat litter to be left in the car lol

eamon343

RMS Regular
OP
eamon343
I can imagine nothing worse than a car sitting in July heat with a bowl of milk in it, even imagining the smell would make you gag lol

I was in it for 10 minutes and it was hell, smelled like stale vomit

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Can you not get a scent bomb type thing? I'd probably wetvac the seats and change the pollen filter for piece of mind too lol

eamon343

RMS Regular
OP
eamon343
Can you not get a scent bomb type thing? I'd probably wetvac the seats and change the pollen filter for piece of mind too lol

Ive read the smoke bomb things can leave a residue over everything, friend has a smoke machine I can get but will try the other methods first, including the candle. Ordered that wee can of deodorizer, got decent enough reviews on Amazon

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Try some of the oust odour eliminator stuff. My interior stank of gearbox fluid yesterday and that sorted it. I can actually smell my air freshener now lol

eamon343

RMS Regular
OP
eamon343
Wet vac, scented fog jobby & see what it's like once it's dried out.

If it spilled I would wet vac it, but it didn't. So the smell is everywhere, and im not in it that much to go to that kind of effort tbh.

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
are the wetvacs still on offer in b&q lol :grinning:

dont think the candle thing would cover on your insurance LOL

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
How about 3 weeks in the sun with a grocery bag containing smashed eggs in the boot? That was a long drive home from Dublin airport +o(

O.C.D

RMS Regular
AAAHHHHH bollox i forgot about that feckin Yankee candle........
gas-1.gif

AndyG

RMS Regular
I would just get done interior shampoo and interior cleaner and give the car a really good clean.. If the milk was just in a bowl it's not really going to hang around that long unless it spilt

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.