Bit of Advise on where I Stand Please

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Nightmare, you showed some restraint in the aftermath.

Have to laugh at the good fortune of the sign stanchion where he mounted the kerb, fixed him up nice and properly! Dash cam would have been awesome; watching him bounce around inside on impact and the look on his face afterwards.

garyhoker

RMS Regular
Drives
honda
ive driven in germany belguim and holland ......those drivers scare you holland push bikes have right of way and theres millioins off them well a whole lot

avo5021

RMS Regular
I'm making assumptions here but if he is Indian and driving on R plates I'd say he held a full licence in India and has now undertaken a test here and passed as India isn't an EU country and the licence cannot be simply exchanged.

From the pics it looks like a no brainer.

The Police should have came and collated details and drawn a sketch, on the report they will state what they believe the causation factor to be and also should have recorded initial comments at the scene from each driver.

In their defence Police are not required to attend a damage only RTC but will attend any RTC where there is an injury or an allegation of an offence . . . In this case I would have made it clear to the call taker the nature of the other parties driving (careless) and that there was damage to another interested party ie DOE in that the street furniture was damaged.

Have the Police requested driving document details from you (and the other driver) and both drivers breathylized ?

They will compile a report which will be made available to both insurers should they request it and pay the appropriate fees for the information. If any offences are declared or come to light they should be dealt with also.

Hope you get it sorted but tbh in my opinion it wouldn't (shouldn't) take too much sorting out !!

Gav5

RMS Regular
OP
Gav5
Drives
Vrs Octavia
I'm making assumptions here but if he is Indian and driving on R plates I'd say he held a full licence in India and has now undertaken a test here and passed as India isn't an EU country and the licence cannot be simply exchanged.

From the pics it looks like a no brainer.

The Police should have came and collated details and drawn a sketch, on the report they will state what they believe the causation factor to be and also should have recorded initial comments at the scene from each driver.

In their defence Police are not required to attend a damage only RTC but will attend any RTC where there is an injury or an allegation of an offence . . . In this case I would have made it clear to the call taker the nature of the other parties driving (careless) and that there was damage to another interested party ie DOE in that the street furniture was damaged.

Have the Police requested driving document details from you (and the other driver) and both drivers breathylized ?

They will compile a report which will be made available to both insurers should they request it and pay the appropriate fees for the information. If any offences are declared or come to light they should be dealt with also.

Hope you get it sorted but tbh in my opinion it wouldn't (shouldn't) take too much sorting out !!

Yea PSNI took my Driving Documents and the other guys , i was breathylized 1st (i assume the other fella was too) and let to go on as in their eyes my car was still "Road Worthy" even tho i had to drive the car with the steering wheel at a 90 degree angle just to go straight.

Anyway been in contact the insurers solicitors , Forwarded them my state of what happened along with at the above photos, they have contacted other drivers insurer who are unaware of any accident with their insured.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If he's on R plates, then the individual's nationality is inconsequential. It would suggest that they learned to drive and passed their test in Northern Ireland.

Careless drivers are careless drivers. Simple as that.

If that person passed any test here, I'd be wanting the inspector who carried out the test investigated.

And they wonder why driving standards are so poor here....

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Im ordering a dash cam, im reading far too may posts like these now where the person who caused an accident is denying blame.

Hope you get sorted mate.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Im ordering a dash cam, im reading far too may posts like these now where the person who caused an accident is denying blame.

Hope you get sorted mate.
i like the idea of a dash cam but i would like them covering a bit more than the 100' in front

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
You should be fine, pictures help your story and it would be difficult for the other driver to argue otherwise.

Gav5

RMS Regular
OP
Gav5
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Cheers Guys ... Still no update from insurance

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Wonder if a Google streetview camera car ever Got clobbered :p

Many, many, many times

googlestreetdrivecrash.jpg

YETvo.jpg

399750-google-street-view-car-accident.jpg

timthumb.php

tumblr_m5vq3cZEsm1robnmro1_1280.jpg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
This is good to see as there's nothing worse than a cop who thinks he's a lawyer.

Many are allowed to be prosecutor when someone exceeds a speed limit yet doesnt destroy their car into a steel pole and hitting another en-route...

If that guy doesnt get prosecuted for dangerous driving, clearly they think his driving abilities are perfectly safe....

Mental is the new normal ?

Gav5

RMS Regular
OP
Gav5
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Near 13weeks later .... Other driver / insurer still not claimed liability ...

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Near 13weeks later .... Other driver / insurer still not claimed liability ...

Surely as the police will have charged him with dangerous driving and he will be getting prosecuted.......the blame aspect is done and dusted ?

Well...I say that as if this is a normal world we live in.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Seriously keep pestering you solicitor daily

And enquire with the police as to how the dangerous driving charge is progressing if they havent already kept you informed.

If they havent...Ombudsman stating their incompetence and inability to charge dangerous drivers

Even show them a video of a blue Astra doing somersaults, but superimpose the red celica over it.

Gav5

RMS Regular
OP
Gav5
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Bit of an update via thier online tracker - Calling TP Insurers to ...chase re liab, spoke to Angela, investigator's report received but she hasn't reviewed it yet, asked when she is intending on reviewing this as it was requested 2months ago and we need their stance on liability ! Angela advised it will be next week, advised Angela we will chase this next week and expect a comment on liability at that time, Angela advised she has had to request the PC report on this one also, advised this is fine but we will require an initial comment on liability next week upon review of the investigator's report, they have had more than enough time for their investigations and if they required the PC report then this should have been requested long before now

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
It's so complicated to work out....you would never expect it to be investigated quickly !!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Is it any wonder peoples backs suddenly get sore when insurance companies feck you about like this, might as well screw them over too

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.