Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
It wasn't so much the undertake, more the fact he tried to push him out - unbelievable.

Total LOL at the first one though :p

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Same as the link I put up, but £5 cheaper, so you have saved me £5. Cheers!

Didnt check the links, there's a white version that's cheaper again (£16) but not many cars have a gloss white interior so it may stick out quite a bit.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Wow that coach clip is unreal! Also some very very cheap dash cams being advertised in this thread. I hope they are reliable when you need them the most! Just sayin.

Steve C

RMS Regular
OP
Steve C
Wow that coach clip is unreal! Also some very very cheap dash cams being advertised in this thread. I hope they are reliable when you need them the most! Just sayin.

That's why I went with the HP one in the Amazon link. If you're going to buy one you want it to work.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'd rather have one as small as possible without a screen. The Blackvue ones are ideal, but also the dearest!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
@stevieturbo that first one is just hilarious. I was already chuckling watching him doing his best Colin McRae impressions through the roundabouts but the finale was a proper FNARR moment.

JD.

RMS Regular
I bought an £80 one off eBay a few years ago and it crapped itself just after the 12 month warranty was up. They've been coming down in price ever since, so I think I'll pull the trigger on another one soon! There's loads of reviews, guides etc over at dashcamtalk.com. This one for sale on Aliexpress for £26.29 incl. shipping doesn't look like much but it's highly rated budget dashcam with a good processor and CMOS sensor inside:

http://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/#G1WH_Version

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/G1WH...era-Recorder-G-sensor-Novatak/1708044392.html

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Also some very very cheap dash cams being advertised in this thread. I hope they are reliable when you need them the most! Just sayin.

I've had mine about a year and a half now and it's never missed a beat. Just be sure to turn the 'g force' setting to low or completely off or it will fill the memory card with you hitting pit holes!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
What camera do you have?

Same as this, but Ive had it for 2-3 years now. So undoubtedly there are better ones out there.

That one takes a max 32gb card, this holds around 9 hours on a continuous loop

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-720P-N...769?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19d0e60489

If buying again I'd buy better resolution, and preferably a proper accident recorder with GPS and that automatically saves before/after an incident.

But a simple camera is cheap and handy.

For people saying they want one without a screen...I'd say no. It's handy for ensuring it's pointed the right direction, and ensuring it's turned on etc.

But depends how you'd mount the camera. If solid so it will never move, then screen is probably less important