AE86 - 30th Birthday Detail

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
This belongs to a good friend of mine. He has had it 4yrs now and this was the 1st time it seen daylight from he got it. It was restored by the previous owner and I have to say that I have never seen one as clean in my life!!! It didn't need much tbh, but it had been undercover since he got it and it had the usual swirls/marring that covers can create. So after about 30hrs, here are the finished pics. I hope you like;

20140713_122031_zps7o8gzcvq.jpg

20140713_122041_zps3vrhnjin.jpg

20140713_122111_zpsrd8owgkq.jpg

20140713_122136_zpseuvomfci.jpg

20140713_122139_zps81llmzkb.jpg

20140713_122145_zpslzu3vb99.jpg

20140713_122208_zpsejovapag.jpg

20140713_122224_zpsoeq6eatd.jpg

20140713_122240_zpsfnlwruse.jpg

It's just lovely in my opinion....

Lee

RMS Regular
He is a wise man. These are getting no cheaper to buy.

Looks like a great job and I'm sure its great to start with a car that is in that condition.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
how many miles are on it?
it looks the part, i couldnt deal with having a car in the garage and never driving it though

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
OP
Mr.Mint
Drives
Many Things.
Thanks folks.

It is the cleanest I have ever seen and it has 114k on it. The interior is also immaculate and the workmanship from the previous owner than carried out the restoration was incredible. Every Nut & Bolt is either Stainless, or Chrome Plated. The Suspension has been powdercoated, poly-bushed, etc. It has to be seen to be believed!!!

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Amazing :grinning:but what an awful waste this never getting a turn of it's wheel(n) poor car must be itching to be driven!!

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
OP
Mr.Mint
Drives
Many Things.
Think i know previous owner. Looks like daryl mc farlands old one. If it is , its as pretty underneath

I think you are right on the owner and you are also 100% correct on the condition of the underside aswell! It's glorious...

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
I think you are right on the owner and you are also 100% correct on the condition of the underside aswell! It's glorious...

Each screw and bolt were doctored that so when all tightened they lined up facing same direction. Amazing car, love it!!!

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
OP
Mr.Mint
Drives
Many Things.
Each screw and bolt were doctored that so when all tightened they lined up facing same direction. Amazing car, love it!!!

Correct! They are good quality aswell, even after this period of time, they are still perfect.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
looks great, i bet its a fun drive as well, such a shame it doesn't get used tho imo

Dee

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
That's outstanding looking.nice job

Shaun

RMS Regular
Only reason to have something like that is investment. Would be a waste to drive it. Will be worth a fortune in years to come.(y)

Id rather smash one off a few hedges though lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.