Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

scub

Banned
Have covered the audio with some youtube song.

It was quite very funny...most parts predictable.

Idiot almost comes to a complete stop on a totally clear filter lane for no reason.

Then lane disciplne at the roundabout...totally expected...but still hard to believe they have a license.

Second roundabout just as bad....LOL

Although it doesnt really compare to a friend on his way up the Glenshane. Glenton offer some high thrill coach trips !!
Initial overtake you could maybe argue both parties in the wrong depending how visible he was behind the coach.
What happened next a bit harder to argue !

1st 1 is a knob - most amusing unexpected ending too - low speed lift off oversteer lol
2nd 1 needs locking up - hope that was reported !

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
@Lyons my newer dash cam is the blackvue wifi model, so I can watch it live on my iPhone or iPad.

You just basically set it up straight and you'll not be too far wrong

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
@Kerzo had a good dashboard camera app on his phone, recorded video as well as gps location, time, speed etc from what i remember. Could even play it back and showed split screen with video/map location along with all the info.

Cro

RMS Regular
For the people that have them, are they discreet enough you can leave them in the car attached all the time?

If there was something that you could leave fitted all the time and it started/ stopped recording automatically that would be right up my street

Hel

RMS Regular
Would prob be good to have on a motorbike, its pretty funny how mad some people get when you filter past them no matter how cleanly or easy it is. People just dont like others getting there faster and seen plenty of cars try to block etc. Wonder what goes through their heads (if anything)

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
Would prob be good to have on a motorbike, its pretty funny how mad some people get when you filter past them no matter how cleanly or easy it is. People just dont like others getting there faster and seen plenty of cars try to block etc. Wonder what goes through their heads (if anything)
Even before i motorbike lessons, i would have always made way for riders lane splitting, just cos i though fair play, but also because i didn't want to get the car scraped :p.

Though i notice that very rarely would you get an acknowledgement for making room for riders..... I remember driving in America around LA during some of their mad rush hour traffic on the freeways, and everytime you made room for someone lane splitting they would have acknowledged it or waved as they rode past.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Even before i motorbike lessons, i would have always made way for riders lane splitting, just cos i though fair play, but also because i didn't want to get the car scraped :p.

Though i notice that very rarely would you get an acknowledgement for making room for riders..... I remember driving in America around LA during some of their mad rush hour traffic on the freeways, and everytime you made room for someone lane splitting they would have acknowledged it or waved as they rode past.

I would do the same and 9 times out of 10 get a wave or a nod.

garyhoker

RMS Regular
Drives
honda
the guy in motorbike video has the problem not the golf driver ...then when confronted hadnt got the balls to nut him lol

jimcupra

RMS Regular
I have a dash cam great job has came to my aid when accused of hitting a car, when in fact it was her who hit me lying tramp but thats another story.
I got it for 2 reasons most people can't drive and the rest are lying bastrads. This way I keep myself right :grinning:

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Do these record OK when there's direct sunlight? Just thinking of when your driving and can get blinded by the sun lol more curiousity than anything

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Do these record OK when there's direct sunlight? Just thinking of when your driving and can get blinded by the sun lol more curiousity than anything

If it obscures your vision, then it's likely to obscure the cameras. No real way around that, but angle it's mounted might help.

Likewise night, this is where the cheap cameras will suffer most. Dont be fooled into thinking these IR, night vision etc... BS
Yes mine has a set of IR lights, and they do work in total darkness...to a distance of about 1.5m lol

So from a motoring point of view they do nothing. Headlights and street lighting are all you have, and camera is nowhere near as effective as in daylight.

But the better the camera, the better the images at night.

mce23

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford

I think i have settled on one of these after reading the reviews by Techmoan. Nice small and and seems to have decent quality.