Sorted - Cheers.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Off to get new tyre's all round at Magowans & no idea about them really. Looking for 195/50/15's around the £50-ish range. Some toyos, firestones & pirelli are all around that range on their site. I'm just looking for a daily, decent long lasting tyre. Budgets are out of the question as I fear for my life in the rain in them things, made that mistake before lol

They have a price finder on their site that will tell you more specific details. magowantyres.co.uk

Going to get them shortly as soon as I take the wheels off the car, so quick responses if possible please.

Cheers in advance!! (y)

brendy

RMS Regular
uniroyal rainsports are great in the wet, longevity is just ok.
Kumhos, hankook ventus or Dunlop sports would be in that range and wear ok too, it really depends on how hard a life you give them.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
I got hankook ventus and love them, slightly cheaper than the toyos. Fifteen inch shouldnt be too dear so go for the best you can afford.

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
I got 4x Avon zz something's for mrs CR fiesta from Magowans. No complaints

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Cheers fellas. At magowans now and had a chat with the boy guys at the desk. Was told the michelin tyres were great but more than a 10er a tyre more than the Toyos and everyones been saying the Toyos are spot on. Fitting the Toyos now with wheel a alignment. Appreciate the feedback and so quick.

Cheers!

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Also, had hankooks on before the change and found them terrible for grip, in the wet it was non existent that was when they were new, even for light 15's! .. Hopefully the toyos are better.

Cheers again!

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Cheers fellas. At magowans now and had a chat with the boy guys at the desk. Was told the michelin tyres were great but more than a 10er a tyre more than the Toyos and everyones been saying the Toyos are spot on. Fitting the Toyos now with wheel a alignment. Appreciate the feedback and so quick.

Cheers!

A tenner more and you're complaining? Michelins are over £50 more than Toyos, each, for my rears and that's only 18’s. For all the flack @Lyons gets for his frugality, he's not that frugal putting 20s on the Audi!

AndyG

RMS Regular
Toyos are good for dry grip but they're a soft tyre and probably won't last very long

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
A tenner more and you're complaining? Michelins are over £50 more than Toyos, each, for my rears and that's only 18’s. For all the flack @Lyons gets for his frugality, he's not that frugal putting 20s on the Audi!

I'm not over it yet!

To be honest if I would've been goin to Central Tyres for some Lassa in that size, but it's too late now!

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
OP
TheDaniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
What michelins was that quote for?

Honestly can't remember the exact price. sorry.

Yeah sorry I think they were actually more than a 10er more per tyre but I just said I wanted to spend roughly £50 per tyre so he didn't say, I think I meant Pirellis. Well I got them for £210 all in with alignment, cant complain really.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.