Anyone a member of Ni-Bikers Forum?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

lighter7

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E36/Disco3
Not exactlt sure what happenes to be honest. I came round the bend and it was all over. All the mate knows is he has no memory from leaving Glenarm carpark!!

Cheers for the well wishes. Hes getting there rightly. Even been out of bed taking a few steps and already talking about another bike lol

Good to hear that.

On another note, is it wrong that im thinking of selling the Porsche for a Harley? lol.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I tried to join it a few years back on 2 occasions but I was not allowed.

I presumed it was an exclusive forum and moved on with my life!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
It had become pretty quiet. I found there was was more bike chat on here.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
It's gone, my brother had setup the forum but not many were using it so he decided to let it go last month.
Fair play for giving it a go - I'm surprised that it wasn't busy though because there's nothing else like it surely

Marc

RMS Moderator
Fair play for giving it a go - I'm surprised that it wasn't busy though because there's nothing else like it surely

I just think he got fed up with the annoyance of it, when it crashed or needed updates, or had 10 spammers signing up a day, he doesn't like to be "bothered" Ha!

as Mike150 above pointed out, he had admin approval on all new accounts enabled too due to the spam problem.

Think Facebook has managed to make up for the forum for organising the runs etc.

NotKG

Banned
i used to use it,
best about the web, good meets & rides, real bikers, with real skills :p
it was a bit exclusive with known proven riders getting into the secret chat room.
' then as it got a lot bigger it became admined, which i honestly thought it didn't need with the known adults i'd met on runs, there could be a big arguement and they shook handa after.
i'd my own issues with it after being "admined" a couple of times and wannabee bikers, i'm buying a bike posts, where to buy tyres s.h.i.t.e., it was killing itself with a bunch of wee d.i.c.k.s.
it was seriously going downhill then, that was about 4-5 yrs ago,,, and i asked to have my account removed.
who can't say they havent been the brunt of some sort of control on any forum? including here
yea, the good old days and fond memories and excellent runs, good criac. wish it was the way it was.
safe, sensible, quick, quality riders having some real road criac.
(b)

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
If anyone remembers the most epic member ever to have graced the site in the shape of Mr 'madass'. He was epic beyond all proportion. The stories he concockted were amazing.

I guess, like most sites, it had it's keyboard warriors, bullsh1t artists and sh1t stirrers, but you'll never keep everyone happy. You never know, there may be a reprieve in the future for an NI based bike forum. There's one in the south and it thrives, lots of members, very active and supportive of all different areas or the biking world. Long live NI Bikers.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.