08 SEAT Leon FR

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
This is my first members cars thread.

Picked this car up off a good mate of mine on Friday.

The car is a 2008 seat leon fr 2.0l tfsi with just 42k on the clock.
To say I'm delighted with it is a understatement.

Here's a few pics I took today after a quick wash, would love to get some proper photos at some stage.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Plans are to keep it clean and well maintained, keep filling it with super and enjoy it.

Future plans;
Remove towbar (used for towing a scrambler)
Change wheels to possibly bbs chs
Maybe a front splitter

Cheers for looking, any comments/criticism/advice welcome.

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Cheers lads.

Yeah oem xenons, mfsw, auto folding mirrors, aux port, cruise control etc, pretty well speced wee car.

Haha have a few days off so interior is gonna be my mission today if I get a chance! Spilt some yop yesterday lol.

My first car in almost two years and first turbo petrol so definitely enjoying it makes a big change from driving the van or the wife's swift.

Also has some sort of Eibach springs already fitted and a power flow exhaust system (sounds good when on it, but can hardly hear it when cruising) which is perfect me for.

I'm told the it has been recently been mapped by obd, but I'm not convinced and they don't have a record of it being on their rollers so hopefully it hasn't been and I can revo it somewhere down the line.

What's the best/quickest way of finding out if it has a map on it or not?

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Looking some advice on wheel colour, thinking of ordering a set of bbs chs but can't decide on whether to go silver or anthracite.

Any thoughts?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I initially thought silver against the grey car, but it would be interesting to see both options.

Would you not consider something different to CH's?

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Yeah I'd be up for suggestions for sure, deciding on the colour seems difficult though...

Anyone good at Photoshop?

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Update,

New wheels thanks to Paul @AutoAlloys great quick service. Went for bbs chs 9inch rear 8inch up front.
Think they suit the car a lot more than the previous ones.

Also got the towbar removed and gave it a quick wash this morning.

Might remove the leon badge from the boot?

Discovered the car is standard power thanks to bbsboy (Steven) so when funds allow a revo stage 1 map will definitely be happening.

Some pics :grinning:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cheers for looking, apologies for the rubbish iPhone shots.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Lovely car the BBS CH's really suit it and first non Cupra Leon I have seen with Xenons fitted. Get the cum stain removed from the seat? :p

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Cheers lads.

It's yop on the seat honest lol, yes Pablo the mother in law lives down there so I'm in there all the time. Don't live far from it myself :grinning:.

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Cheers lads, think it might need some sort of handling mods next. Drives abit like a boat!

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Well not much of an update, just been enjoying the car have done about 4/5k in it since I've bought it.

It's had a full service including new plugs by @AIRFORCE1, new number plates made by @Neil@rockvale and today had four new hankook v12 evos fitted, wheel alignment and nitrogen fill by @KERR'S TYRES (name dropped RMS & got a wee discount too)

Also recently debadged the rear and fitted white led bulbs to the interior lighting and rear number plate. And removed the sunstrip on the front window.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Don't worry about the dirt, I'm building it up for when @big_pete gets his hands on it in a week or so time.

Cheers.

Last edited:

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Unfortantely the Cupra grille does not fit due to the bumper being different, I have thought going black on the grille and mirror covers like you're car.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.