DVLA

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Nothing yet mate. Mostly newish Chinese/unbranded stuff.

Have been looking for ages for a wee 50cc scoot that could be used for round town. Hopefully something crops up...

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
New V5C arrived today for the Audi .. 7 business day turn around (y) Can't complain with that at all.

However I have not received confirmation / certificate of my private reg now being on retention. Perhaps posted separately so maybe arrive in new 1-2 days.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Right so i need to do an address change on our two V5's as well as add her married name onto hers

I presume this is post to swansea?

johnm

RMS Regular
To change it from disabled, you need to go to a post office too.
Swansea cant do certain parts of their job over the phone.

Always helpful.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Heard with Coleraine closing and swansea dealing with all issues we no longer need to put a new reg on a mainland car first. Any truth in this?

soccersmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
F32+RSV1000
So in the past, when not all post offices offered tax to new owners (for the first time) - and I had to go to Belfast... will this change from now on, so that when you buy a car with no tax you can tax it in ALL post offices?

anyone know?
I bought an Ni reg bike mid July.
Tax was up end of July

So at start of month I went into local postie to tax it with insurance and the full logbook signed up by old keeper and me as I was afraid to send it off.
Told them my fears of sending logbook off.
They said it was going fine.
They clipped off new keeper supplement and handed it and a tax disc to me and sent me on my way,
Saying new logbook will appear in the post.

So 2 weeks later,
I'm not panicking (yet)

Lostinspace

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
Bought new car start of July, owner sent tax book off to somewhere, phoned Swansea today, they never received it. Have to send in some form along with my new supplement to get a new tax book and that'll take up to 6 weeks.

johnm

RMS Regular
To change it from disabled, you need to go to a post office too.
Swansea cant do certain parts of their job over the phone.

Always helpful.

On this....brought it to the post office, told them needed to change it from disabled to normal and tax it.
Tax ran out in May (lol) and i said previous owner had sorted the sorn but I didnt get a letter for it.
She said no problem, gave me a new 6mth tax disc there and then, sorted out the V5 and sent it away for me to be updated with correct taxation class.

Honestly, more helpful and quicker than the tax office ever was.
Was all sorted in a couple of minutes.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Some rare praise for Swansea for once.

Sent off a cheque, V55/5, mot, insurance, import/export documents, etc for the chaser last Tuesday and received a tax book back today!

EP2

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Some rare praise for Swansea for once.

Sent off a cheque, V55/5, mot, insurance, import/export documents, etc for the chaser last Tuesday and received a tax book back today!
Mine took 3 weeks for the evo, mind you they had a problem with the insurance so that restarted the whole 10 days thing which is abit stupid but all in all not too bad!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Mine took 3 weeks for the evo, mind you they had a problem with the insurance so that restarted the whole 10 days thing which is abit stupid but all in all not too bad!

The frustrating thing is I called them yesterday before the post came and they said they wouldn't be able to track the progress of the application until next week!

Reactions: EP2

EP2

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic Type R FN2
Yeah they gave me that same speech yesterday just before mine landed. Might have got slightly angry on the phone then felt a bit stupid when 5 mins later the V5 came through the letter box lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anyone know how long its taking at the minute to get a plate onto retention?

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Posted off retention docs on Monday, received my v5 and mot cert in separate envelopes. Gave me the old reg back from the car. Very quick,

Although there is no retention certificate with the docs, does it follow?

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Posted off retention docs on Monday, received my v5 and mot cert in separate envelopes. Gave me the old reg back from the car. Very quick,

Although there is no retention certificate with the docs, does it follow?

Yip a few days after.

Reactions: CR
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.