F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Random race with random conditions, on a hopeless carttrack. But still, that was very entertaining :grinning:

Go Ric! Started behind Vettel, ended in top spot well ahead. Again :laughing:

Great result for Alonso (y)

Nico: Started on pole, ended in 4th.
Lewis: Started in the feckin' pit lane, in a car literally built from scratch overnight from spare bits found at the back of the lorries, ended in 3rd.

Need anything else be said, lol? :innocent:

Nico just cannot be allowed to win the championship on the back of Lewis' car failures... He spent half the race happily cruising behind Verne ffs. Once Nico went into the pits, Lewis and the others backed up behind were straight past... I like Nico, he is a nice guy, just like Button. And he drives a heck of a lot better than me, for sure. Just not quite up there with the very best.

And he had the nerve to tell Lewis to move over, lol. Hilarious :grinning:

Shaun

RMS Regular
Nico gurning was a joke. Fair enough if he is on a different strategy and the team told Lewis but he was no where even near the back of Lewis for him to be held up. Lewis even said himself he can pass but hes not slowing down.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
He was already moaning on the radio before the end of the race, Lewis should have let him past, blah blah blah, lol - can see Lewis at the other side of the table, just smiling :innocent:

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Wasn't it Mercedes that asked Lewis to pull over and let Rosberg past, Rosberg never mentioned it until he was told over the team radio.
Another lap or 2 and Rosberg had 3rd.

Hamilton is a crying oul ****! Couldn't even be happy on the podium!

Gambit

RMS Regular
Rosberg didnt ask to be let past, the team told him he was gonna be let past, he then asked when was hamilton going to let him past. i guess the FIA radio intercept/broadcast only played the first bit on air

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
That's the worst aspect of the team radio broadcast to tv - we only hear part of it so it's easy to be misled.

You need to listen to the dedicated pit radio channel to hear it all.

Shaun

RMS Regular
He was only asked not to hold Nico up, he wasn't even close enough to try and overtake Hamilton at that stage.
He was hardly gonna let off for 1 or 2 seconds to let him past and lose ground to Alonso.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Great race yesterday, the weather really mixed things up.
Well done to Lewis for a podium finish, starting in the pits, spinning off the track on the first lap, damaged wing & vibrations throughout the race. I don't think Nico tried hard enough to pass him. If the roles were reversed, I think Hamilton would have passed him long ago.
Surprised that Williams slipped so far down and McLaren really messed up their strategy. Lol'd at Button asking why they are leaving him on Inters if no-one else has rain on their radar and everyone else is changing onto slicks.
How on earth did Vettel get away with that spin?! I'm sure he was wondering that himself too. Well held.
Great to see Alonso up there and leading the race toward the end. I wonder if anything will be said about him leaving the track and gaining an advantage? Hamilton was all over him and looked cert to pass him up until that point.

I must say, my favourite 3 drivers were on the podium (y)

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
20 years ago today I was at my first F1 race and this happened:
image.jpg

Can't believe it's 20 years...

stevyg

RMS Regular
Wow 20 years ago. I remember that, Jos Verstappen after the fuel hose came loose. He didn't have his visor closed all the way and I remember the interview after the race where he had bandages covering the burns.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Verstappen was really lucky in that incident ........ and it only took them 15 years after that to ban refuelling.

(Even though the cars are arguably more dangerous now with the high levels of charge and batteries etc)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Newey not happy that there is less difference between the cars:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/28594309

Personally, I would love it to "become a GP1". Let the drivers battle it out, rather than one team running away with it just because they happened to be cleverer, or had more resources, or whatever.

pablo

RMS Moderator
he has a point but free reign will see 300mph cars in no time and thats a little frightening from a safety perspective

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I find it funny that Adrian Newey is complaining now- wasn't much talk like this when he & Red Bull won four championships on the bounce.

The rules are like this for a reason- to try & keep costs down.

stevyg

RMS Regular
He was never going to jail and I know he will be laughing his wee balls off thinking about how he bribed his way out of a bribery charge.
Incredible that he can get $100m in cash like that within a week.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.