Who prepares their cars for resale the best.???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
only dealers I have bought from are hursts (Mondeo) and petersons (wifes old sx4) both to be fair I was disappointed. Hursts was better believe it or not the Sx4 was crap, looked like someone had been grinding near it all we rust particles all over it and this was a brand new car, when I took it back to have it sorted they brought the car in to sort it arrived back and there was compound all over the black plastics hadn't bothered doing the roof etc from my experience would never buy a car out of them presentation of car was awful and the sales person as soon as the deal was signed didn't want to know about anything.

Hursts on the other hand was pretty good odd we bits missed cleaning but im fussy when I do clean them :grinning: as @Coog says the best presented cars are often from enthusiasts

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Worse prepared car I have ever seen was my grandfathers Skoda Estelle. He bought it brand new back in 1988 -89 looked like it had been just driven off the transporter and left in the yard and never touched again. Thats before you got into the build quality of the car like being able to lock the drivers door by pushing the wee plunger down, but yet you needed the key to lock the passenger door

_Stu_

RMS Regular
I have bought a few cars from AutoQ and they have always been handed over beautifully prepped. There's a guy does all the valeting in there and he is very fussy. Even one time I nipped in for an oil top up and he was removing bird s*** off my roof before it caused damage.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
when i picked up my 3 series from bavarian belfast they had it sitting perfect, the sales guy rang me to see what day i was collecting so he could send it off to be cleaned but they do it in house.

AndyG

RMS Regular
The dealers will sell the cars no matter how they are presented so fair play to them throwing them through a brush wash and not getting annoyed at a few car enthusiasts on a forum

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
The dealers will sell the cars no matter how they are presented so fair play to them throwing them through a brush wash and not getting annoyed at a few car enthusiasts on a forum
That's true but it's a personal choice at the end of the day and if a car buyer wants to spend their money at a dealers that don't really give a *** that's up to them, but i'm not one of them, i want to see somebody making an effort for my money. !

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Hollybrook do appear to me to take most care and their adverts are extremely good also. However, they do over price everything by at least 20%.

Yea they do seem to price their cars at the top end. But if they're selling their cars, fair play to them.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Yea they do seem to price their cars at the top end. But if they're selling their cars, fair play to them.

Yea, of course, business is business :grinning:

They can do it because they select their cars very well, generally slightly lower mileage than anything else on the market and always reasonably rare cars, so if you want one, you have to go to them and pay a premium. I'd still buy from them (at the right price) as they appear to take good care, i.e. getting Porsches serviced by George McMillan rather than in house etc and always give the cars a good detailing to bring them back to life and make the paint pop :grinning:

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
Good adverts???....do buy actually buy into copying and pasting a speal such as.......

'Lightly lift the driver’s latch, and you will find an excellent full black leather interior trim. The driver’s seat is exceptional, with the leather grain soft, supple supportive and clean,with the carpets having that all familiar factory sparkle. The remaining interior trim spotless is also exceptional, and represents everything that you would expect to see'

Fair play if they do

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Good adverts???....do buy actually buy into copying and pasting a speal such as.......

'Lightly lift the driver’s latch, and you will find an excellent full black leather interior trim. The driver’s seat is exceptional, with the leather grain soft, supple supportive and clean,with the carpets having that all familiar factory sparkle. The remaining interior trim spotless is also exceptional, and represents everything that you would expect to see'

Fair play if they do

Yes they do, it's much better than any of the Charles Hursts ads that just list all 500 features one after the other with zero details on the condition of the actual vehicle that they're selling.

Plus, have a look at the photo's that HB post, they show just about everything you want to see and show it up close at that. 1000 times better than the stupid generic photo from each side and one of the inside.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
And I know the actuall owner of the jeep that was involved extremely well as they didn't even own it so I coulda just bought it out from under them and went and lifted it but my stepbrother wanted to leave it where it was to get the dealer warrantee because they are notorious for issues

Make sure you have a read of that warranty of theirs before you buy ;).

They were probably my worst experience ever with buying / selling a car.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Me lol

Dealers don't want to spend the money to leave there cars pristine 95% of the time as they are tighter than a ducks ass, so they might valet the interior and if the outside is near enough, a wash and tyre slick is the norm! But we have to remember that 95% of the people buying will take them to the local 'scratch r us' car wash once overy few months, bite there finger nails in them and spit them out, let there kids eat monster munch in the back and tramp it into the seats, etc, etc, etc, so they don't really care about how well presented they are when purchasing.

The reasons above are the main reason I stopped valeting cars for everyone and moved to detailing instead, at least the people you do the work for appreciate it and are willing to spend the extra cash, will actually look after them when it's done...

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Mr.m you are 100% in your opinion in my opinion. Do you detail privately or as a business. ?

gerdy

RMS Regular
I recently bought a car from hurst in Lisburn which wasn't to badly presented. Car had the supagaurd stuff already applied before sale was negotiated and actually looked well, Even for the few months I owned the car it never needed an air fresher due to the new car smell (cleaning products anyway as it was a 3 year old car).

Few months later the car went back due to a lot of issues and I got my money back, took a trip to ballyrobert with my sis who was also in the market for a car.
Both of us bought the same car on the same day but she got hers from mulusk and mine from Bangor. She paid for vxprotect treatment and I think mine may have had it to.
My car was very well presented, wheels even seem to be sealed as brake dust is being repelled 2 months later. There was a very strong smell in mine after the valet from its previous owner that was a smoker which I pointed out and then they smoke bombed the car so I was happy enough.
My sisters car was awful to the point I wanted to bring it back to them and complain but she wasn't fussed as she was delighted with her new car and will bring it to the nearest euro hand wash every week.
It had the whole interior plastered in a shiney/greasy film to the point it had run marks down the glove box and door cards, seats had stains through out which came out with a little bit of vanish and a rub with a cloth so they never even attempted to clean them, wheels were also scuffed which they weren't for fixing for the sale, again she wasn't fussed as she will bounce it off kerbs again anyway.

While the car I had chosen was well presented and probably the only reason I chose it, cars in both forecourts were a bit to be desired. Even if you arn't fussy about swirl marks etc it should still be off putting to a potential customer if a car is covered in dust and dirt for the money you are handing over even if you are the sort to have it stinking.

Saying that so far their customer service has been excellent!

Dave..

RMS Regular
I bought a Merc from Agnews and it was immaculate when we picked it up.
Great service and I felt like they cared.
When I bought my 86 from Hursts they told me it had had a full service but 2 days later it was back with warning lights flashing :worried:
Not a good start.

stephen85

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra h
I bought a car from charles hurst there Thursday but am not picking it up until Tuesday.... They called yesterday to say they got there guys to buff it etc for me...... I fear the worst lol

Dave..

RMS Regular
I bought a car from charles hurst there Thursday but am not picking it up until Tuesday.... They called yesterday to say they got there guys to buff it etc for me...... I fear the worst lol

Oh nooooo, swirl marks everywhere. :worried:
I put a note on my cars `Do not wash or clean` just to be safe.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Has anyone dealt with Autozone in Coleraine was having a look round there stock today, they seem to have a nice selection and they look well prepped for resale.

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
I bought a Merc from Agnews and it was immaculate when we picked it up.
Great service and I felt like they cared.
When I bought my 86 from Hursts they told me it had had a full service but 2 days later it was back with warning lights flashing :worried:
Not a good start.
was like the focus i got from hurts. had a full service history with 3 stamps (not in hursts but main dealers) and when i first got it serviced the fella showed me the air filter he took out and reckoned it was the first time it was replaced

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Has anyone dealt with Autozone in Coleraine was having a look round there stock today, they seem to have a nice selection and they look well prepped for resale.

Yes, was up a few years back getting an accord for my dad. Dealt with the owner . Happy enough to deal and no hassle with the car. I'd certainly use them again

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
On the day I was due to pick up a MK5 GTI from Agnews it had half the roof with Polish still on it and some sort of slick gel running down the bonnet.

There were other issues with the sale I wasn't happy with so this made my mind up completely and I walked away.

Couldn't believe they would send a car out like that.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.