WRC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Interview with Ogier in service. Says he has a lot of things on his mind at the moment and is lacking motivation.

Maybe the contract fall out rumours are true

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Day 1 wrap.

Kubica goes off, loses 4 mins.

Ogier goes off, loses the rally.

After an early first stage frustration, Meeke fights back with series of quick times, but just can't break the VW domination. Latvala and Ogier were on a different plain, until Seb decided to go grape picking on the last stage. He'll start day 1 with a ten minute penalty. Sordo's last stage dash means he lies third and is far too close to Meeke in second.

Leaderboard

1. J. LATVALA

2. K. MEEKE +37.0

3. D. SORDO +5.6 (+42.6)

4. A. MIKKELSEN +3.0 (+45.6)

5. T. NEUVILLE +7.5 (+53.1)

6. M. HIRVONEN +1.9 (+55.0)

7. E. EVANS +5.2 (+1:00.2)

8. M. OSTBERG +1.7 (+1:01.9)

9. B. BOUFFIER +33.7 (+1:35.6)

10. M. PROKOP +31.5 (+2:07.1)

Sam Moffett is 12th overall, 16 secs down on Denis Kuipers. Marty McCormack is 23rd overall and 7th in WRC2 after gearbox problems this morning. Ali Fisher is 30th overall and 4th in WRC3.

Eamonn Boland is 42nd overall and 13th in class.

Last edited:

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
14811799559_c4f67cac77_c.jpg

14998115562_f91610b7a1_c.jpg

14811878738_b8e637666f_c.jpg

14811844320_f68bf8efeb_c.jpg

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Day 1 YouTube highlights round up

Stages 1 to 3 from WRC YouTube channel. Includes onboard of Meeke's spin on SS1

Stages 4 to 6. Includes Kubica's trip into the scenery

Citroen Racing's Day 1 Review. Same on board of Meeke's off as well as an interview

Hyundai Day 1 wrap

Best of Rally Live

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
@Sam. How did you manage that? What features do you get? I thought for contractual reasons it wasn't available in the UK!

Sam.

RMS Regular
@Cess It isn't. I used a proxy/VPN to sign up.

You get the live stages streamed in HD, and all of the review programmes (These seem to not be available to view in the UK - a VPN must be used).

GPS live tracking of the cars that updates quite quickly - or at least it did when I was watching them come back to service earlier. Shows location, speed, etc.

Screenshot above shows in car footage from Latvala & Meeke on SS6 playing at the same time. You can switch audio between the cars. Seems to have at least one in-car camera position for each car.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Fark. That's seems pretty decent. Do you just need to sign up via proxy, or run it all the time with the proxy @Sam. ? Part of me thinks I pay Sky enough for TV, without shelling out for more sport :-/

Sam.

RMS Regular
I signed up via proxy. The in-car footage and GPS tracking seems to be available without using it. Looks to be only what BTSport broadcast is blocked without a proxy.

Last edited:

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Day 2 - the rally moves to the Baumholder military training grounds. Longest day of the rally, 8 special stages and a total of 148km.

Start order:

1. Sebastian Ogier - VW
2. Robert Kubica - Lotos Ford
3. Jaroslav Melicharek - Czech National Ford
4. Yuri Protasov - Darnitsa Ford
5. Sam Moffett - Combilift Ford
6. Denis Kuipers - Ferm Ford
7. Martin Prokop - Czech JippoCar Ford
8. Bryan Bouffier - Hyundai N
9. Mads Ostberg - Citroen
10. Elfyn Evans - M-Sport Ford
11. Mikko Hirvonen - M-Sport Ford
12. Thierry Neuville - Hyundai
13. Andreas Mikkelsen - VW
14. Dani Sordo - Hyundai
15. Kris Meeke - Citroen
16. Jari-Matti Latvala - VW

On the opening stage, Kubica takes advantage of road position to post fastest time; Ogier overshoots. Neuville was on a charge and is second fastest; Meeke has to contend with very dirty roads but picks up 4th fastest and puts more time between himself and Sordo.

After SS7:

1. Latvala

2. Meeke +40.2

3. Sordo +48.3

4. Mikkelsen +52.0

5. Neuville +52.2

6. Hirvonen +1:02.9

Moffet still 12th. McCormack in 22nd.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
SS8 - Ogier starts and off after 1.1kms! Blocking stage, but crew ok. Stage delayed.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Panzerplatte 1 - 3rd fastest for Meeke. Only loses 1.5 secs to Terry Neville, despite Terry being on the better hard tyre. Neville storms past Sordo though, into third overall.

1. Latvala
2. Meeke +45.8
3. Neville +53.8 (+8.0)
4. Sordo +55.1 (+1.3)
5. Mikkelsen +1:06.1 (+11.0)

Moffett hanging in there in 14th overall. Tyres were down to the canvas, but seems to be enjoying himself.

BvtksHHIIAABAty.jpg

Last edited:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Fine drive so far by Thierry, considering his shakedown adventure.

One of Hyundai's better showings this weekend.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
See this WRC+ @Sam. do you actually find the live tracking to be any use? I can't get it to auto-refresh and can't get the splits either. How are you faring?

Sam.

RMS Regular
I haven't really used it this morning yet, but it auto refreshed fine yesterday. On the "Live Maps" page you can change the render update rate to "High", that might help?

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Okie dokie. My drivers don't move unless I click on them @Sam.

On my experience to date, WRC+ isn't worth the subscription. @seanbob see if you can make the drivers move on those maps and WhatsApp me.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
I'm using Chrome @Sam. Also I've turned my proxy off, so I'm...er...no longer in the USA.

Streaming the service park interviews now.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.