Fitting projector lenses to halogen headlights

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Can't find adapters, must try the aussie eBay.

But think I could make one from another blub holder, also wiring wouldn't be that much of an issue, not hard make up a bit of a light loom,

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Does anyone know of a company in NI which will fit these for me

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Sounds like a complete and utter ball ache to be honest. As Pablo said I'd be investing a little extra and getting OEM units on ebay and Kufatec loom.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Can't seem to find someone over here who will do this job for me, I'd rather not send my headlights to England to get it done if I can help it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
It's more of a DIY job, I can't see it being the sort of job somewhere would undertake.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Back to looking the same solution for my 3 series, since I've been let down on the Depo headlights. Can't find anywhere over here who will do this sort of thing

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Back to looking the same solution for my 3 series, since I've been let down on the Depo headlights. Can't find anywhere over here who will do this sort of thing
Have you tried tr8ps on audi sport. He caters for evetyone and not just audi. Worth a message.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Seen a few of the chaps on the Skoda forums using these guys.

Lights cost about £300ish but come back with Bi-Xenon LED style for dipped and main beam, and LED indicators.

Still alot cheaper than an OE solution being retrofitted. Some of them look quite cool, some look utter gash with all the stupid colours.

HEADLIGHTRETROFITS

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Seen a few of the chaps on the Skoda forums using these guys.

Lights cost about £300ish but come back with Bi-Xenon LED style for dipped and main beam, and LED indicators.

Still alot cheaper than an OE solution being retrofitted. Some of them look quite cool, some look utter gash with all the stupid colours.

HEADLIGHTRETROFITS

Follow them on Facebook, do some cool lights

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
You can see the issue I have. If I find someone here to who does this then I civil go over and wait on them in person, but since I have to send the headlights to England now I have to buy a new set of lights because I can't take the ones out of my car yet. So it just makes the whole thing more costly .

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Brennan I really dont think this will be a "HID's while you wait" type job, even for a company to do them here, you'll have to leave the lights/car with them.

KevM

RMS Regular
Surely the easy route would be ready-made aftermarket Projector headlight units and a plug & play HID kit? This can be unplugged and a Halogen used for the MOT?

Aligning DIY lenses by trial and error would be a ball-buster....

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Surely the easy route would be ready-made aftermarket Projector headlight units and a plug & play HID kit? This can be unplugged and a Halogen used for the MOT?

If its anything like my dickhead Skoda, its not that easy, HID kits can cause havoc with the some of the control modules causing lights to flicker, wipers not to work, blown motors or worst case a blown control module at the cost of £600 to fit...

KevM

RMS Regular
Non factory HIDs look gash.

As long as you dont go for a silly colour temp, they shouldn't look any different.
All the Ebay-hid-heads go 6k/8k/12k and as much blue/purple as they can find, but 4300k are OEM colour & never seem to get bought

If its anything like my dickhead Skoda, its not that easy, HID kits can cause havoc with the some of the control modules causing lights to flicker, wipers not to work, blown motors or worst case a blown control module at the cost of £600 to fit...

Thats a bit of a balls alright

Last edited:

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW

Well I was going for a proper set of aftermarket projector headlights, they looked fantastic, but the company has decided not to manufacture for UK cars anymore. I was furious.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I have a set of 5000k HIDs that are stable for my cars system, so no issues there

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
As long as you dont go for a silly colour temp, they shouldn't look any different.
All the Ebay-hid-heads go 6k/8k/12k and as much blue/purple as they can find, but 4300k are OEM colour & never seem to got bought

Thats a bit of a balls alright
6000k would be as far up the scale as I would go, alough buy a car with factory LED headlights and you're looking at a 7000/7500k colour from them.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I managed to get some pictures of exactly what I'm looking to do with my headlights.
This is about as good as I'm going to get. Really do like the 3D rings.

The bi-xenon projectors will give me high and low beam xenon like the factory headlights

44F3F4AF-0E8B-49B2-B3BD-895C1EAAA085_zpszx9cetlk.jpg

DC7666A6-E89F-4AF0-983E-12B640FE8A6D_zps72frpgnw.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yeah, that's not a job somewheres going to do in an hour while you wait. There's a lot of work in getting the looking right and preforming right.

tim

RMS Regular

This is the type of process you're looking at.

Check the youtube channel, they sell the parts. Looks almost factory

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW

This is the type of process you're looking at.

Check the youtube channel, they sell the parts. Looks almost factory

Looks great but i suppose they are also England based.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.