Possible claim against the DOE?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yeh, forget about it being lowered! That's nothing to them.

Did you get a form from Roads or the contractor? Any developments with the latter?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Been waiting since 5/12/13 on my claim with road service, totally different circumstances though but still 4 months with zero contact from them.

I cant remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure I got mine paid within 3/4 weeks of it actually happening.

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
I cant remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure I got mine paid within 3/4 weeks of it actually happening.

Solicitors etc involved in mine & it's for 7.5k, back when the flood waters were bad before Christmas. I've been paid by my insurance company but I had to claim from road service for the insurance to recoup. Protected no claims FTW.

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
Didn't affect me at all @Lyons, went from 100bhp astra to the GTI & insurance went up £100. Greenlight sent me proof of no claims for this years insurance too. Better than losing out completely either way.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
OP
s3_trev
Drives
Audi S3 8P
If they ask to see your car is there anyway you could put it back to standard, save any hassle?

Technically I could but tbh I dont think I should have to as it has never caused me an issue at any other time.

Surely there's nothing to say you can't lower your car and make the claim void? If they'd of notified him first and let him know what they were doing then maybe.

Yeah exactly. They jus turned up and other than take my dads van to work I had no other option.

Lowering a car doesn't make any odds.
I near put a lowered leon I had years ago through a hedge bouncing out of a bad pothole at over a ton. Alloy wheel completely mangled. Took photos attached 2 quotes for a new wheel and tyre sent off to the DOE.
Had a cheque 2 weeks later. Just fill out the form and send it off.

That sucks, but glad to hear you were successful in claiming.

Yeh, forget about it being lowered! That's nothing to them.

Did you get a form from Roads or the contractor? Any developments with the latter?

Nothing as yet dude. No phone call from contractor and nothing in the post.

Will update this thread with any developments.

Thanks for commenting people.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
OP
s3_trev
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Ok so came home from work today and I had to turn around again and park the car up a neighbours drive that lives a bit down from me. They had totally blocked my drive. I see my claim form has now arrived as well. Doesnt seem to ask you if your car is modified though.

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
I'd take it up with the contractor first before tackling the DOE

s3_trev

RMS Regular
OP
s3_trev
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Apparently there is someone within the DOE who manages contractors so Il keep going with this and see how it goes. But I will probably end up in contact with the contractor I would imagine. This claim form is DOE though so Il return it and see what happens next.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Lowering is irrelevant - You could own a Jeep and have had no issues, you could own a Ferrari and it would have gotten beached as standard. At the end of the day it's their work that's caused the problem so they are liable to fix the damage.

Out of interest - Is you car old enough to have been MOT'd?

s3_trev

RMS Regular
OP
s3_trev
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Yeah dude it had its first last year and funny Im just looking at the reminder here as it came in the post today. I see on the claim form they need a copy of this. They ask when your TAX will expire too. Just hurdles to jump through id say to ween out the ones driving without these things.

Bob CRX

RMS Regular
Drives
s20000
My opinion would be that its irrelevant if the cars lowered or not. If the car would hav made it out of the driveway had there been no work going on with no issues then the work on the road caused the damage to the car.

There are regulations for all work to be done, how deep a road can be dug before it has to be covered, same as ramps and kerbs to be a specific height. Make sure you have measurements in your photos. May help down the line.

Fwiw when the ramps went into where I live I had one of them removed and re done as my car got beached on it because it wasn't inside the correct specs set out by the doe. It was the only ramp that caused major issues.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
OP
s3_trev
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Yeah that is exactly my way of thinking as well Bob. Although there isn't an area of the claim form that asks about this surprisingly. Im not going to be forthcoming with the fact its lowered but at the same time of they do ask me then I will tell the truth, prob best that way.

Bob CRX

RMS Regular
Drives
s20000
No matter how low your static car is you can be almost sure there is a production car lower.

Forget about it. Full the form in and get the ball rolling.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
No matter how low your static car is you can be almost sure there is a production car lower.

Forget about it. Full the form in and get the ball rolling.

Eh no!!
(unless your specifically talking about his car then yes)

But yes forget about the lowering.

Bob CRX

RMS Regular
Drives
s20000
Well yes. I assumed it would be taken that I was talking about his car being that's what the topic is on and I said 'your static car' ;) I have friends that have cars that I would say are/were lower than the lowest Ferraris etc and my s2000 wasn't exactly high...

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Well yes. I assumed it would be taken that I was talking about his car being that's what the topic is on and I said 'your static car' ;) I have friends that have cars that I would say are/were lower than the lowest Ferraris etc and my s2000 wasn't exactly high...

Yeah I re-read your post and edited mine, was thinking surely you've seen the felt spec "lower than your grandas balls" bora haha

s3_trev

RMS Regular
OP
s3_trev
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Hi guys just wanted to update this thread!

Long story short have the car back a week now totally repaired thanks to the contractor. DOE passed me onto them immediately and after providing them a couple of quotes they let me go with my repair garage of choice.

Success.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
It's sorta one of those things

People treat the car like something that can't possibly get marked. Of course it's going to get marked now and then it's a fancy piece of machinery. This is were a daily abuser is most useful.

Good job on getting repair :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.