BP Ultimate shortage in Northern Ireland?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
We have a response! Albeit a crap one with no further info...

Dear Mr Gallagher,

Thank you for your email.

I have forwarded the details of your email to the relevant department who will address your enquiry accordingly.

Thank you for taking the time to contact BP and raising this to our attention.

Kind regards,

Reka

Retail Customer Care Team

Email: careline@bp.com

Telephone: 0800 402402

Fax: 0845 082 1706

Internet: www.bp.com

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
BP Templepatrick pumps were unlocked this morning, so presume they had fuel to sell

BP Lisburn had one SUL pump, no lock on it.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
I asked in BP in Carrick earlier to be told there was a problem mixing it. No idea how accurate that is?!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I asked in BP in Carrick earlier to be told there was a problem mixing it. No idea how accurate that is?!

Was told something similar in the one on the Bangor road in Ards today

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Why dont people just use someone else? I have always used topaz super and never had any complaints.

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
Why dont people just use someone else? I have always used topaz super and never had any complaints.

Because once you take BP out of the equation super is hard to get. I've discovered as the thread has progressed there are a few other outlets tucked away but BP is the handiest for many people. Without Shell and Tesco's (not available in NI) momentum we have a limited supply of decent petrol here.

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Fuel light is on now on the golf, shall be going to sainsburries at hollywood exchange after work in the morning to try and get some to get home. If they have no super shall be £10 of 95 lashed in to get her back home lol

Wombles

RMS Regular
Drives
'04 DC5
It hasn't made it as far as lurgan yet. I'm on 95 with octane booster :/

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Because once you take BP out of the equation super is hard to get. I've discovered as the thread has progressed there are a few other outlets tucked away but BP is the handiest for many people. Without Shell and Tesco's (not available in NI) momentum we have a limited supply of decent petrol here.

Im sure i heard an advert for Shell V-Power on Cool FM, probably just to wind us up!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Im sure i heard an advert for Shell V-Power on Cool FM, probably just to wind us up!

Probably not, is there any Shell stations left in Northern Ireland? Can't remember the last time I seen one.

Last edited:

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
I also heard the radio ad for vpower. I shouted at the radio when it was on as much as I want v power here the advert clearly was being broadcast for the wrong region. There is bound to be enough demand now even for Tesco to bring in their momemtum. Such a shame they don't.

dingle

RMS Regular
OP
dingle
Drives
C63 AMG
I think the problem for Tesco is storage for the petrol or some nonsense. I read somewhere (maybe on this forum) that that's the reason they gave for no momentum in NI - It's a not necessarily a demand issue. That said if they perceived a high demand they'd soon find a way.

On the Shell ad - I don't know much about radio or advertising but I'm pretty sure that certain elements of Cool FMs content is fed in from elsewhere. I've heard a few things over the years that didn't seem right for this region.

jonny.92

RMS Regular
Went straight from work to BP in lisburn beside lagan valley last night and pumps were locked again, however the smaller BP on the belsize rd in lisburn had Ultimate.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Just got this back from BP:

Dear Paddy_R,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately there is a shortage of Ultimate fuel. Our fuel delivery team is working on it at the moment to provide regular fuel delivery.

Kind regards,

Marta

Retail Customer Care Team

So nothing we didn't already know really.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.