Active Deal Low profile jack

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
What are there axle stands like? Strength wise?

Be weary of setting a car on them an getting squashed lol

KyleR

RMS Regular
OP
KyleR
Drives
MYSR
I imagine any car will be fine on them and if you get 4, you're only using them at half load at the most.

Chris0

RMS Regular
They look like the same ones I bought a while ago only problem I have with them is that they are high enough before you raise them up. Makes it harder if your trying to raise one side of the car as them sometimes dont fit under

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
We've had 2 of the jacks break after a few uses. apparently a common problem with them or so they say, exchanged them no bother....but not long till it breaks again, wee fine bit of metal attaching the leaver to the piston snaps.

bennn

RMS Regular
Drives
a bike
Anyone who has the low profile jack find it that much more useful than a normal one? I doubt it would fit under my car, so if im still going to have to roll onto bricks then should i just save myself the £25?

iimm

RMS Regular
Drives
Carlos VonDriver
We've had 2 of the jacks break after a few uses. apparently a common problem with them or so they say, exchanged them no bother....but not long till it breaks again, wee fine bit of metal attaching the leaver to the piston snaps.

So is this ***** or worth a punt at £22.50?

Shaun

RMS Regular
Ive a jack used it for years and no problem, same for the axle stands.

That one there doesn't really look that low profile though?

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Got this one and so far is great.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/ga...nds/halfords-2-tonne-trolley-jack-low-profile

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
So is this ***** or worth a punt at £22.50?

Wouldnt buy another one my self, only lasted a week or two, though i know the side of it not being designed to be used daily etc etc.....for the odd time user, but i have other halfords jacks which after good few years are still going strong, and were "budget" items.

Ive a jack used it for years and no problem, same for the axle stands.

That one there doesn't really look that low profile though?

Ive 2 of the normal non low profile ones, think they were under the £30 mark each, and both have lasted no problem. though i have to faff about with building ramps etc to get the TT high enough to get it on blocks to put the jack under, though the low profile one went under the car no bother, just a shame it kept breaking

KyleR

RMS Regular
OP
KyleR
Drives
MYSR
Used it for the first time this week. Had to raise the 350 up to the max to get axle stands under her. Lifted it a good 3-4 times up and the same down again, never missed a beat. It's also low enough to fit under the 350 which is lowered by 30mm with a hockey puck attached (y) Best £22.50 I could spend on a jack.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.