Big Brake Kit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cobraauto

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover 218 VVC
Hi all, some time back I read somewhere that Brake Modifications would not pass MOT. I fitted Brembo 4 pots on 310mm discs to the front of the trusty Rover for track days about 5 years ago but I fancy putting the car back on the road. Has anyone MOT'd a car with a big brake kit fitted lately or does anyone know anything about this ?

plexo

RMS Regular
Drives
Mitsubishi
Haven't heard of this before ? aslong as there isn't an imbalance you should be fine as far as i know

PhilM

RMS Regular
Hi all, some time back I read somewhere that Brake Modifications would not pass MOT. I fitted Brembo 4 pots on 310mm discs to the front of the trusty Rover for track days about 5 years ago but I fancy putting the car back on the road. Has anyone MOT'd a car with a big brake kit fitted lately or does anyone know anything about this ?

Mot the Starlet no problem with Celica Gt4 brakes on it.

Im sure you will be grand.

Phil

Cobraauto

RMS Regular
OP
Cobraauto
Drives
Rover 218 VVC
Thanks guys. I didn't want to buy a new cat for the MOT only to fail on the brake kit. The old cat sat on a shelf in the workshop for years, but now that I need to refit it, it is no where to be found. I'll let you all know how I get on.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
What year is the Rover? It probably won't even need the cat fitted for the test.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Can't see why upgraded brakes would ever be a problem for Mot as long as they work like they should.

@Nicky what's the deal with the cat, I have a 97 golf gti, will it need a cat?
Do they do a visual or emissions test for that age of car?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Can't see why upgraded brakes would ever be a problem for Mot as long as they work like they should.

@Nicky what's the deal with the cat, I have a 97 golf gti, will it need a cat?
Do they do a visual or emissions test for that age of car?

At this present time you do not need a cat for that vehicle in Northern Ireland, it's just a basic emissions test.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.