Liquid Wrap Range Now Available From Paints & Components Ltd

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
@Woodcutter can this stuff be used on engine bay parts? What's the heat tolerance, if any on it?

Cheers Rob

I wouldn't be too confident about that Rob, I'll check with Frost though and get back to you ASAP. :grinning:

Hi Guys taken off Frosts website....
IV. What maximum surface temperature that the cured product will tolerate?
The heat temperature tolerance of fully cured Liquid Wrap is 150 deg. C, as tested in an industrial oven.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
@Woodcutter. Do you do a gloss black or is it matt and you put a laquer on it?

Looking at trying the wheels. If I don't like it is it simply peel off, no damage underneath?

Also do you deliver? Bit too far out of the way.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
@Woodcutter. Do you do a gloss black or is it matt and you put a laquer on it?

Looking at trying the wheels. If I don't like it is it simply peel off, no damage underneath?

Also do you deliver? Bit too far out of the way.

It's matt then you can apply a 'glossifier'. Peels off (a lot easier if you put a good thick coat on) damage free, Frost has been designed for use on cars unlike Plasti-Dip which needs diluted.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Has anyone applied this to less than perfect paintwork? Thinking of rubbing some of the bubbles/marks off on the alloys then sticking some of this over the top however not sure how it would react or run?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Can you spray these directly on to chrome trim without any prep?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Cool will do ... going to try this stuff on my chrome headlight surround on the lexus.

Does the paint stand up to power washing etc ok?

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Yeh just dont be silly and put it on the paint point blank and it should be fine. as long as there isnt a tear or break in the paint which the high pressure water could get under

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Yeh just dont be silly and put it on the paint point blank and it should be fine. as long as there isnt a tear or break in the paint which the high pressure water could get under

Any pics of the finish on your window trims?

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Done my wheels, badges and door handles with it and never had a problem with power washing it.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Has anyone applied this to less than perfect paintwork? Thinking of rubbing some of the bubbles/marks off on the alloys then sticking some of this over the top however not sure how it would react or run?
If the surface isn't smooth it makes it a complete pain in the arse to remove.

So you need to sand them as smooth as if you were going to paint them.

Took me ages to get it off mine. I lightly rubbed mine back before putting it on but it wasn't enough

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Sanding the surface before putting this on will make it harder to take on as your giving it a rough surface to grip to just like paint needs.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Have you got a full colour chart of whats available?

Anything close to this blue?

IMG_8528, 2 s.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.