renewing licence

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
So it seems its time to renew the car licence.
Reading the paperwork, i just want to be sure i dont need to send back my old licence ?

Please fully complete both sides of this form and return with..
your existing licence - if you are renewing your lorry/bus entitlement

So, reading that, you only need to send in your old licence if its for bus or lorry ? (plus all the other crap like a new pic and of course some money)

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
Just rather keep it handy, than send it in. In case stopped or something. Always find if have licence on you there is little hassle, compared to maybe then asked to do a producer

Eager

RMS Regular
OP
E
Drives
broooooom
ye fair enough, but am i right from reading the above, or is it just bad wording, or am i being a bit "speshel" and picking it up wrong

chrismisk

RMS Regular
Drives
S13 road/S12 trk
I renewed mine earlier in the year still have my old one here somewhere but I did go into downpatrick but they didn't take the old one of me

avo5021

RMS Regular
If you do it at the Gas works they hand you your old Lic back if it's still valid, I had my new licence back within 7 days doing it through them.

Into Tax office and head for the far corner where the chairs face the other direction, it's a separate waiting system so no hanging about for hours.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Likewise Ballymena

Also worth scanning/copying your old one anyway, in case the new one comes back completely different

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Bumping this. I'm about to send my form away for renewal.

I've always had my category C1/C1E (small lorry 3.5T - 7.5T) and D1/D1E (small buses to 16 seater). These have been on my licence since I passed my test waaay back in 1994.

With the new laws in relation to lorry and bus licences, do I lose these entitlements now, or does this only apply to large lorries and buses?

I've been trying to ring Coleraine to speak to someone but the renewals department just goes to the automatic info line ffs.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Bumping this. I'm about to send my form away for renewal.

I've always had my category C1/C1E (small lorry 3.5T - 7.5T) and D1/D1E (small buses to 16 seater). These have been on my licence since I passed my test waaay back in 1994.

With the new laws in relation to lorry and bus licences, do I lose these entitlements now, or does this only apply to large lorries and buses?

I've been trying to ring Coleraine to speak to someone but the renewals department just goes to the automatic info line ffs.

I think that CPC thing is a further addition ?

IMO do not post the license off. Take it in along with any forms and sort things out over the counter. Also keep scan copies and maybe even try and make sure the staff make a note of all entitlements. in case they do send it back with them removed.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Don't think I have ever sent off my old licence, certainly I have both my old ones in my desk drawer

biffy.2008

RMS Regular
Drives
yaris t-sport
how do you apply for a replacement licence now they are closed in coleraine?? wont work online as its just gb licences

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
how do you apply for a replacement licence now they are closed in coleraine?? wont work online as its just gb licences

I think they still do driver licensing over here and it was just the stuff to do with the physical vehicle that moved to Wales.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.