DAB - Is it any good in NI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
what do you guys think about buying a aftermarket DAB tuner. Have a pioneer double din and thinking about adding a DAB tuner if its even possible. lol

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
That unit seems to conduct DAB over the FM radio antenna lead Joe - sorta defeats the object, but it should sound clearer than FM - I use an add on DAB with Aux output to the car radio which gives crystal clear sound - it's a lot cheaper than that Connects 2, but doesn't have that fancy-pants remote!! Mine is the same as this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PURE-HIGH...4?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item43cfcd53b6

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
lol, don't really need a fancy pants remote. Was just the first one i found. The one you posted del, can i just connect it to the double din? Bare in mind i've already connected a rear view camera on the aux i think. Whats the quality like on it?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Bit of a bump, looking at the pure highway ones, as Cool FM and Radio 1 make me want to rip my ears off, is coverage good and a good choice of stations theses days in North/South?

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
Bit of a bump, looking at the pure highway ones, as Cool FM and Radio 1 make me want to rip my ears off, is coverage good and a good choice of stations theses days in North/South?
I have it in the focus though it's a factory fitted system. Found there's a good selection of stations. It's just the digital black hole that is Larne that stops me but once I'm in the real world, it's a godsend

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Have it in some of the work cars, its touch and go, when signal gets weak it just goes silent. Sometimes even buildings can cause it to lose signal

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
It's still pretty much hit and miss in my limited recent experience.

Around the hill section of the M2 and for varying parts of Newtownabbey I've found the signal to be weak, and the Kenwood DAB unit I have sounds like it's a skipping record when the signal isn't great! You get words and sometimes whole lines of a song repeated.

On Saturday when I was traveling from Newtownabbey to Bangor and back I had a pretty good signal once I got away from the Newtownabbey area.

Unfortunately I'm still one of the many listeners of Cool FM, I hate Radio1 with a passion, but I also listen to Absolute Rock which is fairly good.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Unfortunately I'm still one of the many listeners of Cool FM

Pete Snodden is an awful awful little creature. The way that idiot gets on you would swear he is the biggest name in radio. Cannot stand him one bit then you have his two wee mates playing who can get their tongues further up his hole.

Rant over.

Aye DAB is dead on by the way. Christian O'Connell on Absolute Radio is great in the morning.

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
Pete Snodden is an awful awful little creature. The way that idiot gets on you would swear he is the biggest name in radio. Cannot stand him one bit then you have his two wee mates playing who can get their tongues further up his hole.

Rant over.

Aye DAB is dead on by the way. Christian O'Connell on Absolute Radio is great in the morning.
I'm a fan of radio x. Chris Moyles in the morning and Johnny Vaughan in the evening

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE

Rant over.

I actually enjoy the breakfast show with those three! :poop::joy::joy:

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Go digital. It's the way the world is going anyway.
I've fitted it in all my cars I'm that happy. OK out in the sticks you flick back to analog but in town the quality and choice is far superior.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Fitted the pure highway 400 in the missus car recently,it's decent but will cut out the odd time in certain areas

Also fitted the RNS with dab to my car,it was just ok until I fitted the sharkfin,since it's never lost a station

A decent antenna will make a lot of difference imo

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
wife has it in the S-Max and its great, driving in Newtownards it drops out but maybe thats some sort of warning not to go there.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.