StillStatic Audi S3, few sets of BBS's, RS4 buckets, stage 2+,BBK Power and lows :)

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Can the master cylinder cope okay with all this new braking power?

Ian It's not as bad as I though it was gna be but if could certainly do with up an upgrade as nothing really comes standard outta Audi with this front rear set up but bite is still good, pedal could be better

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Some serious money thrown at this car

love it, I think you'll have the same problem as @Boydie when it comes to finding a successor to it that ticks the same boxes

you are obsessed with big brakes LOL!!
Don't even take about money and this car:-#

But yea big brakes ain't cheap and make wheel selection harder but I just can't help but love them lol

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Once you start pumping money into a car and it starts to take shape and get the right attention on the road you literally cant stop putting money into them LOL!!

why did you take it off the market - couldnt find a suitable replacement?

I would love a set of big brakes on the A3 if she was remapped, but they cost an absolute fortune, some still even when they're second hand

I was contemplating BBS CK's but they are absolute hens teeth in the right fitment for a VAG and brand new they are big dough!!

I think the 8P is nicer looking than the 8V TBH, I cant really warm to them TBH apart from the S3 flavour, even then I think the MK7 Golf R would be my choice between the two...

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@Crimson there is plenty of ways to upgrade the brakes with out getting into big money. It's a matter of shopping about and finding the right calipers then getting some brackets machined to fit them. I can get you a set of 6 pot Lambo calipers for around £700.

@kyle.j1 sorry for the Hijack

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
@Crimson there is plenty of ways to upgrade the brakes with out getting into big money. It's a matter of shopping about and finding the right calipers then getting some brackets machined to fit them. I can get you a set of 6 pot Lambo calipers for around £700.

@kyle.j1 sorry for the Hijack

Sorry @Tufty out of my budget ATM as there are other things higher up the list such as MFSW, new rims, rubber, etc...and I may be parting with her early next year

do you know the lad who used to pimp about in a red A3 Sline sportback with the speedlines and at one point had BBS rims with S3 brakes on it - tidy example

always used to be parked near boucher ECP, havent seen it in a long time though...wasnt sure if he worked in your place

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Sorry @Tufty out of my budget ATM as there are other things higher up the list such as MFSW, new rims, rubber, etc...and I may be parting with her early next year

do you know the lad who used to pimp about in a red A3 Sline sportback with the speedlines and at one point had BBS rims with S3 brakes on it - tidy example

always used to be parked near boucher ECP, havent seen it in a long time though...wasnt sure if he worked in your place

Yeah he works in our place. Wee Aaron Hegarty. Lovely car

Phil.A

RMS Regular
Drives
'09 Honda Civic
I was contemplating BBS CK's but they are absolute hens teeth in the right fitment for a VAG and brand new they are big dough!!

BBS CK's you say? ;)
15022441577_65f6a1977c_b.jpg

Belong to a friend who runs them on an A3 8p, Genuine 19' BBS CK's with Carbon BBS centre caps! :grinning:

Last edited:

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Once you start pumping money into a car and it starts to take shape and get the right attention on the road you literally cant stop putting money into them LOL!!

why did you take it off the market - couldnt find a suitable replacement?

I would love a set of big brakes on the A3 if she was remapped, but they cost an absolute fortune, some still even when they're second hand

I think the 8P is nicer looking than the 8V TBH, I cant really warm to them TBH apart from the S3 flavour, even then I think the MK7 Golf R would be my choice between the two...

Big brakes don't need to cost the earth, I've some r8 4pots, new carriers, new pads just need some merc discs (150ish for good ones)to complete, what I have I'd let go for £550 if uz want them,

image.jpg

calipers are cheap in my opinion with the big BBK, you can pay a good bit for carriers, pads can be big money depending what ur after but discs is were all the money is in my set up, the eye wateringly expensive but the do the job and last ages
I've done 14k with the ap racing discs and they have only worn 0.2mm with aggressive DS2500 pads, I've heard they can even last up to 200 track laps:cool:

As for selling the S3 I never really had the heart to sell, it was never advertised, I have to remove a good few expensive parts first and I won't be having an upgrade I'll be pocketing the funds so there not much motivation other than money in the bank, but it would take a 25k car to excite men at the moment RS4, C63, M3 :confounded:, and I'd only want to add my take to them with brakes, wheels and lows so I'd need a 30k plus which is silly when I'll never have my good car for the commute

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
The brakes above have been sold this evening but if anyone else needs brakes on here I can probably help uz out

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
image.jpg

This parting out of the car sucks, last show will be Titanic Dubs and I'm undecided what wheels to run, LMs getting collected after the show and the Cantona are off to Germany so maybe they'll make the awesome dubs thread when the owner goes to worthersee :cool:

Last edited:

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Whats next one the list Kyle? Im surprised your selling.
the next car is hiding in the garage until the daily clio sells then out on the road using it for work and everything, the audi s3 is unlikely to stay but I have a set of OZ 19" superturismos on there way to fit up to drive it for a month or two, its as far as I can bring myself to part it out without hating it.

The Brakes will stay with me and maybe the suspension until I decide whats next, I wanted more power and a BT would see me spending another 10k on the car it has 74,000 miles and just cant justify spending that much on it and don't have that sorta money either lol. There nothing out there that I really want for my budget so just settled for a good daily which people will probably not understand the step back

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
It is a shame that such a nice car is being broke but if its time to move on so be it. At least you have enjoyed the car and covered many miles in different countries.
I look forward to see the next daily project.

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
It is a shame that such a nice car is being broke but if its time to move on so be it. At least you have enjoyed the car and covered many miles in different countries.
I look forward to see the next daily project.

Yea it is a shame but for me to be happy I was gna need 4 widen metal arches, full repaint, sort hand brake caliper all which cost a lot of money but I'm happy to sell without the brakes and someone else to enjoy

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
The CHs won't clear the brakes and the tyres are too wide since I'm this low otherwise I'd have been up to buy them, still might happen if it goes back to standard

Phil.A

RMS Regular
Drives
'09 Honda Civic
StillStatic are the people who sell/supply the H&R Ultra Low and Deep Ultra low coilovers, AH Exlusive and Flachwerks are the people who build them. Wouldn't say it's anything scene, more just a company and representing the brand, if you want scene go for bags haha ;)