Bit of Advise on where I Stand Please

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Not at the speed I drive at.....

#hatecrime

Fair point, you could easily say the Indian driver tried to attack you. they might deal with it better.

Also...email Nolan and the local papers about it. It's about time **** like this did get highlighted to counter all the bull**** DOE campaigns about accidents and what the police are really doing to improve driving standards and the real causes of accidents.

ie **** all.

Gav5

RMS Regular
OP
Gav5
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Bloody joke ... anyway latest update from online updater
-
We refer to the above matter and note that we are yet to receive an admission of liability from you despite it now being 3 months post accident.

This letter therefore constitutes formal notification, in compliance with our obligation under the Road Traffic Act, of the commencement of proceedings at the expiry of fourteen days from the date hereof.

We shall of course serve your insured direct unless you have notified us of an alternative address for service.
In the absence of further correspondence, we shall revert to you for payment of any unsatisfied Judgment.

Please confirm your insured's full name and postal address by return. This information is requested in accordance with The Data Protection Act 1998.

We await hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Last edited:

Gav5

RMS Regular
OP
Gav5
Drives
Vrs Octavia
It's so complicated to work out....you would never expect it to be investigated quickly !!

think it had something to do with other guys own insurer not being made aware he was involed in an incedent , until my insurer/solicitors contacting them. And there after he hadn't responded to letters ect.. send to him by his own insurance

Gav5

RMS Regular
OP
Gav5
Drives
Vrs Octavia
No to his insurer @Coog , as been 3months ago and they havent a verdict on liablity stance

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I think given your description and photos and the other driver's R-plate status, you / your solicitor should be talking to the police about a driving without due care and attention at the very least for the other chap.
Had some recent experience of this and the police were very keen indeed to prosecute on minimal evidence so a bit surprised that there appears to be a certain lack of consistency here when it looks pretty clear cut.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
so a bit surprised that there appears to be a certain lack of consistency here when it looks pretty clear cut.

On the other hand, doesnt surprise me in the slightest.

He should have been prosecuted for dangerous driving from the word go, nevermind maybe after 3 months.

IMO it shouts complete police incompetence or laziness if they arent charging him with trying to kill people and road furniture.

Comes back to the same thing....they'll target people who cause no harm or damage...and totally ignore those who cause harm and damage.

Is it any wonder there are so many bloody road deaths ?

Take the story to the papers, Nolan etc.

Gav5

RMS Regular
OP
Gav5
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Woohoo ! An update from the other parties insurer .... Denial of liability.

Other driver claiming I came from bus lane..

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Probably due to the angle the A4 is stopped at, someone has come to the conclusion that you were in the bus lane.
They're probably looking to get 50/50 as an outcome. Messy business. :worried:

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Absolutely unreal. My insurance policies for the past few years have literally been to keep myself legal, and nothing else, the bare minimum. They're criminals who will do anything to wriggle out of a claim.

I wonder if a majority of people just stopped paying insurance could we get away with it... Let's start an anti-car insurance revolution!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Doesnt surprise me in the slightest !!!

Insurance companies are scumbag criminals !! Not helped by the lack of proper response here by the police which itself could border on criminal.

I would seriously be reporting that to the media, insurance ombudsman and police ombudsman.

For something as clear cut as this to be going ( very bloody slowly ) the way it is, is beyond outrageous, and the police still havent charged this person with dangerous driving ? That should be gross misconduct for the police involved.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.