Wanted: Diesel, up to about £5k to spend

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Service history very much preferred. Just after something that will munch miles and be easy on fuel.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
whats your preferred options? make, engine size, no of doors, spec, how old, mileage etc

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_EK9
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Really not much tbh, prefarably 03+ and no more than 130,000 miles I guess but it depends on the car. i just need a comfy economical daily.

P.s. Do I sound depressed enough having to get an economical daily lol

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
lol been there myself, get something mental for the weekend, always sweetens it a bit

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
probably something like a golf, octavia, passat, jetta, 320d, audi A4 would be what id go for if it was my 5k

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_EK9
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Certainly comfy but I'm not sure about 33-40 mpg. I can nearly get that from the 318is

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
W203 C220 CDi. Try and get a late sports edition or avantguarde model with the leather etc.

A golf or bora etc won't come close for power, comfort and reliability. Both me and my fiancé do around 500 miles each per week and we both have one. They realistically average 45 mpg for the sports edition and I get 50mpg from my avantguarde.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
W203 C220 CDi. Try and get a late sports edition or avantguarde model with the leather etc.

A golf or bora etc won't come close for power, comfort and reliability. Both me and my fiancé do around 500 miles each per week and we both have one. They realistically average 45 mpg for the sports edition and I get 50mpg from my avantguarde.

what sort of mpg would one of these give around town Dave? thinking of selling the 330 and going for one

fj1200aa

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat
For something useful when the snow comes 2006 1.9tdi 4x4 octavia, 105k, three owners, just put the winter boots on it at the weekend, doing 51mpg at the moment and well under budget
11r63a9.jpg

Maffy

RMS Regular
Drives
EK9 Civic Type R
2006 MK1 Leon FR 150. Last of the MK1 models and was factory fitted with the full Cupra R trim. Very easy run and also nice and nippy being the 150bhp variant. PM for more info.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 39

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_EK9
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Sorry, got sorted at the weekend. Thanks for the advice and offers guys!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.