2011 Ninja 250r Project - Fairing Pics Now Included

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Sharkman

RMS Regular
Drives
Stick
So recently got rid of my 1992 cb250 and picked up this 2011 ninja 250r. Previous owner turned it into a street fighter and it just wasnt to my liking so my plans are to restore it back to standard.

So far I have replaced the wiring loom, changed clip on handle bars for new standards and fitted missing upper fairing bracket.

The to-do list:
Sort out indicators, they dont flash and just stay on.
New fairings.
Fit my leo vince exhaust.
Fit new headlight and speedo.

When I picked it up:

How it sits now:

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
Wow that rough for a 2011 lol why did u have to replace loom

Sharkman

RMS Regular
OP
Sharkman
Drives
Stick
She will buff up lol loom was replaced cause Edward scissor hands fitted the front lights and cut all connectors of and left them to short if new plugs were fitted to tails and all the cables were mixed up. Easiest solution was a new loom.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
Nice one u got her all working now anyway, will look well with new plastics I take it the previous owner threw her up the road

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
for the love of god. nice wee bike ruined by another mong thinking its cool. good luck with saving it sir, they are a handy bike those wee yokes.

Sharkman

RMS Regular
OP
Sharkman
Drives
Stick
nice mate! not often you see these around!!

Cheers I have one from 1992 also, just needs new cans and a good polish, will be nice to have the two side by side complete.

Nice one u got her all working now anyway, will look well with new plastics I take it the previous owner threw her up the road

Apparently prev owner lost his balance when coming to a stop, there isnt any damage to footpegs or brake/ clutch handles so possibly the story checks out.

for the love of god. nice wee bike ruined by another mong thinking its cool. good luck with saving it sir, they are a handy bike those wee yokes.

Cheers it will be interesting wee project

Sharkman

RMS Regular
OP
Sharkman
Drives
Stick
Update:

New loom tested and everything is working as should, all fuses replaced as few were blown/ missing on the donor loom.
New fairings ordered will post up a sneak peak shortly :grinning:

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Fair play for putting the work in!
I wouldn't even have opened the for sale ad if the pic looked like that lol
Makes me want to run a mile haha

IMG_20140906_114543396.jpg

Sharkman

RMS Regular
OP
Sharkman
Drives
Stick
Lol I seen the potential with it and thought why not, its going to be built to my spec and design for the fairings. Plus I was coming up 19 years and dropping 38k mileage wise the deal was to hard to walk past lol.

Sharkman

RMS Regular
OP
Sharkman
Drives
Stick
Update:

Indicators and lights all working as they should.

Fairings have arrived and look fantastic. Pics to follow.

Just need some nuts and bolts and most of all time to get it back together.

Next on the list is a service.

Sharkman

RMS Regular
OP
Sharkman
Drives
Stick
Not much of update but been gathering parts up for the last month or so. Was able to get every part I required from a company called absolute motorcycle parts, highly recommend them. They are based in Thailand, took about 3 weeks for parts to arrive, I had ordered 70 items and they are all genuine parts. The price from them was roughly 1/5 of what it was going to cost buying from here, it crazy what some companies charge for the exact same item.

Sharkman

RMS Regular
OP
Sharkman
Drives
Stick
Update time:

Leo Vince Exhaust fitted

IMG_20150215_135600665.jpg

Dash Installed

IMG_20150215_135629597.jpg

Bar ends and grips installed

Sharkman

RMS Regular
OP
Sharkman
Drives
Stick
Apologies for the crappy phone pics, the fairings look alot better in the flesh and so does the exhaust.

For anyone thinking of buying aftermarket fairings I can say my fairings are of good quality, fitment is about 98% accurate some holes are going to need to be redrilled bigger but nothing major. These fairings are injection moulded. Paint wise there are a few errors but again nothing major and seem to be worst round the edges, I was surprised that the green is a perfect match to the oem colour, was told it probably wont match as his local paint numbers could be different to here, he included a painted tank cover for free just in case. My plan is spray wrap them clear to help add a bit of extra protection. I am thinking of replacing the dash with a genuine Kawasaki one, I dont like the dash included as it is going to need the most work for perfect fitment.

Last edited:

Sharkman

RMS Regular
OP
Sharkman
Drives
Stick
After deciding to keep my fairings (I like to change my mind a lot lol) I got started into the fitting process first up was installing the nose cone and head lights - apologies for poor photos

The nose cone was probably the easiest part to fit, the other fairings all needed abit of modding to fit. I was kind of prepared for it but didnt have the knowledge or experience on how to carry out the work but best way to learn was just to get stuck in.

Trial fitting of first side fairing

One side test fitted

Now completed minus the seat fitted

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.