Jonny's Leon Cupra R 225

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
looking mint there lad! slick those tyres though!

Haha, I had been slicking the tyres as usual after each wash but that warm weather was melting it off the tyres, it was everywhere. I'll get them done tomorrow though and properly dried off :oops: :p

Love that, I always wanted 1 when they came out but they would never have suited my mileage.

All the best with it, looks very smart there after the polishing.

Yeah, I just got very bored driving a diesel and fancied something quick for a while. Went to view it and landed home with it 2 days later lol.

The machine polishing definitely helped, first time using one properly but came up ok

I'd rely like one of theses in red !!

That's because everyone knows red ones are the fastest :party:

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
Car went to see Neil at Terraclean on Saturday morning, don't think it was too bad overall as it didn't smoke overly bad but it's nice to have it done all the same.

Neil said it can take a few days to really notice a difference but I think it feels a bit livelier already and there's a better note off the exhaust.

He offered me another clean which does induction etc. so might be back to get that done at a later stage

10513309_960150554011004_4680506902353589022_n_zps01b35cac.jpg

10440795_960150580677668_7842179920904941755_n_zps049ee2f6.jpg

Next up:

New Tyres
New bulbs up front (OSRAM nightbreakers or something)
Caliper refurb (very urgent lol they're pink!)
Braided brake lines & New pads
Engine & Gearbox Oil & filter change
New Badges (bought)
Fit Gearbox shim to prevent whine at low speeds (common problem, £10 fix)
Forge 007p diverter valve (bought)
N249 bypass (will be done with 007p)
Polybush dogbone mount (bought)
Badger5 TIP & Jetex cone filter

Cheers!

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
That's stunning mate!!

I've only ever loved the MK1 Leon's, I think VAG radically changed the design in the MK2 as it was stealing the Golf's thunder, it was a better car in all aspects

as someone has already said the Leon Cupra R had everything the MK4 Golf GTI lacked....

This must have the same engine as the MK1 S3 then?

I would love one in gun metal - always fancied getting a real clean one of these at some stage, Im surprised it wasn't 4WD like the S3 - altough this was probably purposely done to keep the S3 more desirable.....

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
That's stunning mate!!

I've only ever loved the MK1 Leon's, I think VAG radically changed the design in the MK2 as it was stealing the Golf's thunder, it was a better car in all aspects

as someone has already said the Leon Cupra R had everything the MK4 Golf GTI lacked....

This must have the same engine as the MK1 S3 then?

I would love one in gun metal - always fancied getting a real clean one of these at some stage, Im surprised it wasn't 4WD like the S3 - altough this was probably purposely done to keep the S3 more desirable.....

Thanks mate, yeah I love it! Davy at procar has his gunmetal grey one for sale if you're looking one, it is in stunning condition.

There was a 4wd version made but was only available in very limited numbers in europe. They were 240bhp too.

Not sure if they're the same as the s3. They have the BAM 1.8t engine with the k04s turbo

Gonna get mine remapped at some stage as it turns them into a real animal apparently :grinning:

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Thanks mate, yeah I love it! Davy at procar has his gunmetal grey one for sale if you're looking one, it is in stunning condition.

There was a 4wd version made but was only available in very limited numbers in europe. They were 240bhp too.

Not sure if they're the same as the s3. They have the BAM 1.8t engine with the k04s turbo

Gonna get mine remapped at some stage as it turns them into a real animal apparently :grinning:

Ah I didn't realise his is up for sale...then again all his cars are up for sale regardless if he just got it or not lol!!

yeah that's the same lump the 8L S3 had - good strong engine (y) A remap does make the world of differnence

@svensktoppen is the man to talk to regarding the engine

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
i got both done on my VXR the induction makes a good difference aswell!!

yeah Steve he was saying about your VXR, you must be his best customer! He let me hear his RS which has had the induction clean and it sounded amazing, popping and banging away lol (y)

I have a Cupra r for sale :p ferrets old one lol

Is it the red one listed as situated in Hollywood? If it is I think I texted you about selling me the exhaust system!

Cant beat a LCR in red, all the best with it lad

Yeah Stefan, red is the best colour for them IMO

Very nice example!(y)

Thanks mate, getting there!

That's lovely mate. Really like these

Cheers Marc (y)

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
Got round to doing a couple of bits on Tuesday night there;

Forge 007p recirc valve fitted
N249 valve bypass done

I really wish the Forge valve was louder, but apparently these engines don't like dump valves as the sudden loss of pressure on boost dump throws up the EML

N249 bypass seems to be a good job, pulls a bit harder through the revs now. Need an induction system sorted now & exhaust as the note definitely does not match the power!

Reactions: wes

jimbo123

RMS Regular
Drives
14 corsa sport
Lol kept an eye on eBay that's where I got mine or get onto the Cupra site always one pops up

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
@jonny.92 its improved everyone of my cars and my friends that have had it done, would recommend it to anyone. the vxr returning mid 30s till early 40s on long runs now

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
Lol kept an eye on eBay that's where I got mine or get onto the Cupra site always one pops up

will do, think I'm gonna go for the cobra sport non-res cat back? Any advice or recommendations with the exhaust? I had considered Milltek but SeatCupra.net have mixed reviews on them whereas most people love the cobra

@jonny.92 its improved everyone of my cars and my friends that have had it done, would recommend it to anyone. the vxr returning mid 30s till early 40s on long runs now

Was just gonna say there @Scuba Steve, drove from bangor to Dundrod via Templepatrick last night (about 30ish miles) and averaged 37, thats up at least 4mpg than before the terraclean.

I'll have to get the induction done when I'm fitting the new exhaust etc for the best noise, I want it sounding pure evil lol

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
Am getting about 36mpg ATM think that Terra clean works?

Yeah reckon it does, I just think that because my car wasn't bad to begin with it wasn't a night and day difference. It definitely is a bit livelier now though and the mpg has been helped a bit

any ballpark figures on the terraclean - might be worthwhile for the A3

for the 1.8t it was £120

the induction clean is £80 which I will be getting done before I fit an exhaust system

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
Bit of an update, went to Dee's Exhausts last weekend to get an exhaust sorted, went for a cat-back 2.5" stainless steel system, centre box removed and a small backbox. Sounds a lot better now, will hopefully get the lend of a gopro soon to do one on the road.

I also had a full service done a while back with all filters, engine oil, gearbox oil & coolant changed along with new thermostat, fog lights fixed, seized caliper repaired and a few other small things addressed.

next on the list is induction kit, braided brake hoses and a remap. Hopefully get this all done before Christmas.

jonny.92

RMS Regular
OP
jonny.92
Haven't updated this in a long time, haven't done an awful lot to it as being at uni means funds are tight.

Got it serviced again to try and keep up the 5-7k interval, seems to keep it right.
New rear caliper as it seized again
new rear pads
Forge turbo induction pipe & K&N filter
Calipers painted & new decals all round
New badges all round
Osram Nightbreaker bulbs up front as the headlights were poor compared to the golf with the osrams in, a lot better now
New metro plates by Neil at rockvale with a square plate on the front, looks a lot better I think
Team Heko wind deflectors, these seem to be marmite on here but I've had them on all my cars and love them

Took a run to UCS so the couple of good photos at the end were kindly taken by Jonny at SlammedPhotos after the show

Plans for after MOT:

downpipe & decat
remap
wheels refurbed in kaiser silver
belts done

Eh5_R_QhAhE_CFIyv6fWYEZxEC4bpGJJRYiyQJqPP2I%2CLozJpMfE_inAwZ5CzRwQ-34zKYEkSTnWd-o2m0uWtwY

zdM1bs3QJXVtqIVJa2bMvc_ydCJBAkTactvUukFFP1g

9Pjs-mzid4foYkazMmzIslZaLbAIWeM77wTJNBat4G8%2CdolBveVLyUQYbvQTRd9Ws_Q1T9dnmnPkDVo_-CvQ7vI

U6YcgrVQonFCXEESEaNUp_rnv31RdKgOOzBXhKWEImQ%2CikO4wL3x-_kCermIf1ocwbypmalGuELyf83Mnyy09hk

11080517_785083244910096_1072266938443300330_o.jpg

Personal favourite photo of the car so far:

11049492_785083474910073_2539704753969096536_o.jpg

Cheers (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.