WRC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Was going for SS9 myself.

Any wonder M-Sport are expanding their base, spending the money Kubica has threw at them this season in repairs.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Big NI and Irish contigent in Salou as always:

3 Kris Meeke / Paul Nagle: Citroen Total Abu Dhabi WRT - Citroen DS3 WRC

12 Khalid Al-Qassimi / Chris Patterson: Citroen Total Abu Dhabi WRT - Citroën DS3 WRC

31 Yazeed Al-Rajhi / Michael Orr: Yazeed Racing - Ford Fiesta RRC

39 Robert Barrable / Stuart Loudon: Robert Barrable Tunnocks WRT - Ford Fiesta R5

49 Marty McCormack / Dale Furniss: Martin McCormack Tigerrisk - Ford Fiesta R5

67 Mohamed Al-Mutawaa / Stephen McAuley Abu Dhabi Racing Team - Citroën DS3 R3T

77 Eamonn Boland / Micky-Joe Morrissey Michael: Eamonn Boland - Subaru Impreza STi R4

G'wan the boys!

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Meeke seemed to be extremely slow through the shakedown for some reason, over 30 seconds off the pace.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
The one thing I learned from shakedown at Finland is that the top teams do not take is seriously. Ogier does his two mandatory passes and that's that. Whereas the smaller teams or lesser drivers, who don't get as much testing will do quite a number of runs.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Why does all fiesta r2 run by msport have ni regs?
Someone here has sold them a batch of discounted fiesta's maybe?

i think the works cars of the grpB and Grp A era used NI registration as a tax dodge in some way that i am unsure about, maybe the 4yr MOT thing rather than 3 too ?

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
In the 1980s it was easier to get type approval for rally cars in NI than via mainland UK. Hence the NI registered Dealer Team Opel Mantas, Blydenstein Nissan 240RS, Prodrive M3s.

Not sure what the story is with the DMack Cup Fiestas. They are all Fermanagh reg?

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
one of them is derry reg, think it was GUI i seen on it
I stand corected

B0oKMoWCYAAjnxl.jpg:large

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
CLASS !

they have incorporated a circle round a bail on the barca stage outside the palace, mid ul;sters finest corolla would be proud

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.