Potential replacement for wife's Mini?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
With marriage just weeks away it is hopeful of some screaming brats in the near future and with two dogs our drive is a passat estate which is for dogs & family use and just got her a mazda 3 which was an ideal sized car for times when we will maybe have a buggy.

I love the passat though it is far too big for some driving

SMB

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
A4 Avant
Thanks for all the input folks.... Bit of thinking to do over the next while.. Would love to go for that 5dr ST3, however the insurance, fueling and running costs are prob a bit excessive..

My wife is used to a relatively frugal car, and having owned one myself for over a year, I think an ST could be a step too far.. Good news is, what we would be looking for her Mini seems a bit less than most are advertised for on UCNI, so hopefully should shift ok closer to the time!

Thanks again!!

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Honda Jazz. My girlfriend has one and the amount of stuff you can fit in it is brilliant. We have the 1.4 one and it goes rightly, short gears make it good fun to drive. I'm sure one of the newer model VTECs would be the job!

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Subaru, MASSIVE boot - could fit 3 adults in the boot or 5 small children, very big and safe, 5door!

SMB

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
A4 Avant
Ok - so after many months of doing not very much re changing the wife's Mini, coupled together with the imminent arrival of the little one (less than 5 weeks away), we have came across this!

http://www.usedcarsni.com/2007-MINI-Clubman-1-6-COOPER-ONLY-24K-YES-24K-FMSH-JUST-SERVICED-137649990

Heading up to watch Ulster v Toulon on Saturday and going to skite over and take a look at it on my way home.. My mates wife has a Clubman and she loves it.. They were all round Ireland in it this year and it never missed a beat.. So they have been singing their praises.. Anyone else any experience?

Anyone delat with parkview autos? I see there was a thread about them, but it was locked a while back.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
My only concern would be that the rear door opens on the drivers side only (onto the road rather than the footpath), might be an issue with a wee one if you're ever parked on streets etc

SMB

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
A4 Avant
Valid point on the door opening, but most if the time we'll be in my car, or it'll not matter if she is at Asda getting groceries or the likes..

I wasn't a fan originally, but they're growing on me!!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Noooo hate clubmans lol

Pffffffffttttttt!

FD7D287D-4EA0-4795-9300-8154EBE32690_zpsexes5ej4.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.