Wanted: Aluminium sheet

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Why not just get it cut locally?

There is many laser and water cut places locally

I was at a company today who have a new 5 axis water jet 6m x 5m table size. Not much they couldn't cut with that

Because I sit on my arse and draw it up. I email it to him, he finalises it and then it arrives at my door.

I don't get ****ed about, I dont have to chase after it wasting time and money on fuel, Ralph is a car guy in a big way and his prices are very keen.

Simply because he gets the job done !

And as others say, a lot of local places simply have no interest in small items.

As much as I do like to support local business....it's just cheaper, easier and less hassle for him to do the work, and he's always glad to help.

His own car an old Metro with an RV8 in the rear is a nice piece of work too, he makes some amazing stuff.

A few weeks back I needed some 4x2 steel box section...simple you'd think, and obviously makes sense to buy local.
It took many phone calls and 3 days of getting ****ed about by one guy before I could actually find anyone willing to sell some !
Some including McCances the main steel stockholder just plain said it wasnt worth their while for a single 28ft length of the stuff. Go somewhere else.
Most places had that same view.

So if local dont want to sell...**** them

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Because I sit on my arse and draw it up. I email it to him, he finalises it and then it arrives at my door.

I don't get ****ed about, I dont have to chase after it wasting time and money on fuel, Ralph is a car guy in a big way and his prices are very keen.

Simply because he gets the job done !

And as others say, a lot of local places simply have no interest in small items.

As much as I do like to support local business....it's just cheaper, easier and less hassle for him to do the work, and he's always glad to help.

His own car an old Metro with an RV8 in the rear is a nice piece of work too, he makes some amazing stuff.

A few weeks back I needed some 4x2 steel box section...simple you'd think, and obviously makes sense to buy local.
It took many phone calls and 3 days of getting ****ed about by one guy before I could actually find anyone willing to sell some !
Some including McCances the main steel stockholder just plain said it wasnt worth their while for a single 28ft length of the stuff. Go somewhere else.
Most places had that same view.

So if local dont want to sell...**** them

I think because we order so much through the business the likes of Walter Watson will deliver a single length to us.

As for laser cutting, I sit in work, email it and he delivers it to work or I collect as I pass there on way home.

Like you said you just need to find that one good compan and it makes all the difference

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I think because we order so much through the business the likes of Walter Watson will deliver a single length to us.

As for laser cutting, I sit in work, email it and he delivers it to work or I collect as I pass there on way home.

Like you said you just need to find that one good compan and it makes all the difference

With McCance I didnt even need delivery, I didnt even ask them to cut it. They just point blank said they couldnt be bothered for just one length, and price hadn't even been mentioned

I did eventually get some from Woodburn in Carrick, but I was nearly at the point of ordering some off egay FFS.

johnm

RMS Regular
OP
johnm
I got sorted from a fella on here, and greatly appreciated man!! Done the trick brilliantly!
Should have just asked on here in the first place lol, would have saved me an hour on the phone.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.