Orchard tyre dressing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Even from a chemistry aspect alone I cant think of anything that would cause that within a product of that description.

It has to be some form of outside contamination from residue on the cloth or simply previous contamination on the plastic.

You should always carry out a small test area first on any product from any manufacturer you haven't used before. In fact that will be on the useage instructions on the label.

I don't think this thread is fair on either the reseller or manufacturer without having spoken to them first

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I'm not here to upset either supplier or manufacturer I simply wanted to know if this has been experienced before.

I would doubt there would be contamination on a brand new microfibre that was in a sealed bag

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Did you wash the car beforehand or just apply it. I have been in this trade 12years and what I am hearing simply doesn't add up

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
ace275 - the pinky stuff was it the perfection? perfection is like a qd and for wiping down the whole car with, glass,plastic,paint,including matt paint.

I have spoke to Ronnie and sent him the pictures of the above case and he has said it shudnt have went white like that unless there was something either on the applicator pad or on the plastics them selves, the only other reason it could happen is if the plastics. he has also said if you want give him a bell your more than welcome.

if anyone has a problem with products all you need to do is call me of the supplier and then we can see what we can do, I can only go by what the suppliers tell me what there products do unless I have used them myself, I do try to use or test most products I sell here but I can only go by what I have found.

as for glitz I have a brave few customers who buy this product just for doing plastics and are wanting it 5ltrs.
Think so, I'll PM and keep it all private.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
As someone who has experienced problems with a product of my own over the last week, I'd much prefer to hear about a problem as soon as possible, either directly if possible or through a retailer as Davey contacted as soon as he found out. I have always said to all my customers to call me if something isn't doing what it should..... And I genuinely mean that.
Take my UltraFoam mix up as a prime example - I'd much rather have heard as soon as possible instead of people thinking 'that stuff is useless' and just not buying it again - I found out what has happened and I've gone out of my way to get it sorted and have all my customers - past, present and (hopefully) future - know that I will do all I can to make sure they are happy with products which do exactly what they are supposed to.

I don't think @Brennan was trying to cause offence, he has bought a product which hasn't worked as it should have, and posted pictures to see had anyone else experienced anything similar.

I am sure Ronnie would like to know about this as soon as possible, and try to rectify any problems as soon as possible as I did. As he is no longer on here, Davey is the prime route to get through to him.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Personal choice, he had a few tricky customer experiences from it so decided he would leave it be afaik

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I think it's fine to post up a problem like this. If the seller or manufacturers respond well I think it actually does them a favour by showing all forum users how they deal with things. It also highlights potential outcomes for other users of the product and they will keep an eye out in future and know what to do. Take the snowfoam thing as an example , I was the 1st one to find out there was a problem. I just went straight to the seller and he replaced it which was fair enoughbut only me and him knew .But a few weeks later up pops a thread from the manufacturer that others had the same problem and only then did some realise there was something wrong (and not that the product was rubbish).
If I had started a thread similar to this , it may have saved a few people getting the faulty batch. Also , by @Big Pimp starting the thread himself went a long way to showing how good his customer care is !

It's only a bad thread when it doesn't have a good outcome.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I think I might give the guy at orchard a call later today to see what the outcome can be

Can anyone pm me his number?

Kudos to Ross @Big Pimp on how he dealt with the issue on his product, if only all manufacturers were like this

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Personal choice, he had a few tricky customer experiences from it so decided he would leave it be afaik
Was it not more to do with the fact he didn't want to pay sponsorship to the site and continually threw up adverts and links to everything he was working on, including new product developments?

gsmith

RMS Regular
Have you any other plastic trim you can try it on just to see if it has the same effect? Think these things should be brought up more often as people can sometimes just not bother then they'll not have trust in any more products from supplier etc. at least if it's resolved the op will maybe try the products again. Have to say any dealings I've ever had with Davy at procar have been spot on and I think everyone can see that he's trying to help @Brennan out as much as he can. (y)

colin84

RMS Regular
I think I might give the guy at orchard a call later today to see what the outcome can be

Can anyone pm me his number?

Kudos to Ross @Big Pimp on how he dealt with the issue on his product, if only all manufacturers were like this

Surely he will say why did you use our tyre dressing on your plastic trim?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I don't think @Brennan was trying to cause offence, he has bought a product which hasn't worked as it should have, and posted pictures to see had anyone else experienced anything similar.

Exactly. I can't see an issue with the thread either, he was just seeing if it was normal or if anyone else had had a similar problem.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Cheers lads, some people are just too quick to jump to assumptions. Maybe they need to read before they think.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.