Clean windscreens

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Can anyone recommend a good product to clean the windscreen with. I've heard of something called DuckBack or something like that. Basically, I want something that makes water 'run' off the windscreen. So far I've tried fairy liquid and water - no good, window cleaner - no good, turtle wax soap - no good and a few other generic cleaning agents.

Can anyone recommend a good polish/wax/cleaner/degreaser whatever that will properly clean the windscreen and effectively make the water/rain 'run' off the screen.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
@Big Pimp & @Morgan@50cal should be able to sort you out.

I have yet to use my 50cal stuff as the Autoglym Aquawax is still repelling the water off the screen. Applied a few months ago!

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
A good degrease / polish and an ipa wiped own to provide a clean surface to "key" to is essential...

I then use either Naviwax Glasscoat, or Angelwax H2go.....

Have tried Carpro Fly by 30 and Raindance products but found these tricky to apply and smeary under light rain and street lighting

Glasscoat is durable and easy to apply. H2go is also easy to apply but less durable

Duxback is superb, but application is critical and can be difficult. You could end up sealing imperfections into the glass if done incorrectly

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
i use clearview to clean the window and duxback to seal it. Duxback is not used for cleaning. Absolutly fantastic product. I always get it to last about a year. But as previously mentioned. Application is the crucial part. Though its simple enough. Best applied indoors and make sure windows are thoroughly clean :grinning:

BigJoe

RMS Regular
Drives
FR-V - Civic
i know its a bit old school, but i have never had a problem with Rainx, easy on, easy off.

As has been said, prep is key.....good clean, clay bar and a wipe with IPA....

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
hey guys,

firstly, thanks for the recommendation from @Broomy @S0NNY & @jshek007

Clearview is simply a brilliant window cleaner - i use it both inside, and outside if my windows are pigging, or else after a big washing and cleaning session.

on the outside, for the last couple of years I've used gTechniq stuff, as a sealant as it's been brilliant.

thing is though, i've applied it and i think the bottle may have been out of date, and it hasn't keyed as well as it has previously.

I have a bottle of nanolex sealant for them now, and if I can work out the best way to strip the g-techniq from the windows I'll get it on..... either that or leave it for when I finally get round to letting @big_pete loose on it, although that will likely be next year at this stage!

Marc

RMS Moderator
I use rain-x and have done for years, its some job and makes the likes of this mornings boring rain drive that much better as I dont need wipers on about 50mph

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Rain-x is good but the problem i have with it is that it makes my wipers juder sometimes.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.