Can anyone recommend a black plastic restorer?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
@Christopher
Black wow = didn't help to cover the lines/marks. I am glad I didn't spend £50 on a big bottle.
Will try the Poorboys next and then the Peanut Butter :grinning:

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
VW guys use pine oil on their bumpers. I believe it had a habit of catching fire in direct sunlight so be careful where you leave the rag afterwards.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
I've used gTechniq C4 before, it's not bad. Pricey, and it's all in the prep.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
VW guys use pine oil on their bumpers. I believe it had a habit of catching fire in direct sunlight so be careful where you leave the rag afterwards.

What about the car? Car parked in the sun and when you return, a smoldering wreck, my wife would kill me,.....

J-VW

RMS Regular
I used a heat gun followed by 1 coat of Autosmart Trim Wizard on this cheap mk3 I bought last year. Was shocked how well it turned out

Before

10102922976_4630d556b0_z.jpg

After

10102933483_2e4a393964_z.jpg

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
I always use megs purple tyre gel on the trim on the BM and the Golf, its incredible haha... Good on the tyres too funny enough! ;-)

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
eBay a trim dye called plasticare. It's a long lasting product and works very well, you'll probably need to remove the plastic as it's not easily removed and I doubt wouldn't be good for your paint. I used it on my 205 trims and it's really good.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
I think the likes of megs and others aren't really a restorer, they're really only a short term thing. Good job but you need to dye them for lasting results

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.