F1 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RoniN

RMS Regular
Can't help but think this is Karma coming back on Nico.

10561659_864633483575357_8515414763370482608_n-jpg.71399

Cheers

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That was over at the first corner, Lewis was never going to loose from there :grinning:

Ok, always been a Lewis fan so maybe biased, but really impressed with how he has carried himself both on and off track. Especially the second half of the season. You could see at the end of the race, and on the podium, how much this meant and how much he has put into it. Well done (y)

Shame about Nico, did not deserve that. He was very good in the interviews after, and hats off for finishing the race regardless.

More than anything though, I was so glad to see Williams in both runner-up spots. Not sure what happened to Bottas at the start, but that was some recovery drive. And comprehensively outclassing Ferrari and RB while doing so :grinning:

Also very pleased to see Ric up there too, some cracking passes again today.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Button is a great asset and is to upbeat about his future. If jordan is correct about audi maybe that is the missing piece in the puzzle.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Guessing McLaren would like to keep Button but I think they are planning long term with K-Mag.

Button & Alonso would a great pairing next season as I'm sure the new Honda Power Unit will be temperamental at the start. Experience will be vital.

Looking 3/4 years ahead, it will probably be K-Mag & Stoffel Vandoorne.

Colin_A

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
I am big Lewis fan so I'm well pleased to see him clinch the title obviously. I've been watching F1 since 92/93 and this was the most nervous i've been lol. All I wanted this weekend was the 2 cars to be 100% and let them decide the title fair and square. Had mixed emotions when I seen Nico's car give bother, but he's managed it superbly before. Hats off to him for his driving and his professionalism and sportsmanship. I feel that is something Hamilton could do with learning from him sometimes. Nico kept him honest all year, but even Nico had to admit that despite the engine trouble it was a well deserved win. Hard to deny either the race wins 11 - 5. Nico has a new fan with me so next year can only be a win win for me.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Across the season, without doubt lewis deserved the championship. I would be a lewis fan, IMO he has a great racing talent that gives him that extra few percent on other drivers. Felt bad for nico at the end, but he held himself impeciably well. As @silverback said, I think lewis could learn from that, and sometimes let his driving do the talking.

On a side note, performance of the season for me was Daniel Ricciardo, the guy had a tremendous season against a 4time world champ in the same car, and even when the chips where down, the smile on his face was huge. He just looks like a guy who is loving life, and living the dream each and every day.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I saw a video on fb earlier where Nico wanted Lewis to have a clean race [emoji1] what fking planet is he on? Nico doesn't know the meaning of clean.
The look on Buttons face says it all.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.