Talk to me about clutch kit brands.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
My cluctch has started to slip necessitating a change of clutch. From a quick look online i have clutches from LUK,Exedy, and transmech (whiuch are by far the cheapest so probably balls) Whats the name to go for? I put an exedy one in my skyline a while back and it seemed to be ok as clutches go?

jincam

RMS Regular
Drives
Gt coupe
Somebody will come on and say theyre all from the same factory yada yada but for safety id never go past exedy they fit well and if its for the impreza i think i see in your profile its a good job as i fitted on in mine running 240bhp roughly, plus for resale a receipt with exedy on it is a good selling point

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
aye exedy are the middle priced brand and LUk are far and away the dearest. Bear in mind this is ecp prices. havent phoned any local motor factors yet.

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
Euro car parts, exeedy oem replacement for a scooby. Unless your going to tweek it over 350-400hp then its best to go for a better clutch.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
If you're going for more power, best to put an uprated clutch in from the likes of Exedy.

LUK is our main clutch supplier and their quality is second to none and would be 100% for a standard car.

I can get you a price in the morning if you like.

mckeown

RMS Regular
OP
mckeown
Drives
mitsi outlander
Its a standard car and future plans are for the car to end up around 280bhp if even. @Woodcutter if you could get me a price that'd be great.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
LUK is always OEM. So if they don't make the original clutch for your car, they buy it off the company that does and put it in their box. Hence why you will get the occasional Valeo or Exedy unit in their boxes. For a classic Impreza the OEM Exedy clutch will take 350bhp, wouldn't personally go with the pink box clutch unless you want to hate your car in traffic or plan on doing some drag/track work

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.